Pinpoint is looking for Data Science Interns to join our Data team to help create and develop tools to better understand software engineering data and leverage key insights to help our customers build software better. At Pinpoint we promote collaboration between teams so you may work with our front-end team on how to visualize the data, back-end team on APIs, product teams on how to interpret and find new insights, or marketing team to improve the product.
We are looking for candidates who are passionate about delivering innovative solutions in technology. We value individuals who are quick learners and are comfortable within a fast-paced engineering environment.
- Current enrollment (undergraduate, graduate) in a program of a quantitative nature (e.g. Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science, Social Sciences)
- Working knowledge of one or more statistical scripting languages (R/Python)
- Working knowledge of data querying tools (SQL, Hive, etc.)
- Comfortable working collaboratively in a fast-paced environment and in the presence of uncertainty
- Knowledge of ML algorithms and techniques
- Experience with ML libraries and packages (sklearn, xgboost, Tensorflow/PyTorch, caret, etc.)
- Experience with streaming data sources and non-relational databases (Kafka, MongoDB, etc.)
- Understanding of coding structures and unit testing
- This paid internship will be held between the dates of May 18th - August 14th, 2020. Start and end dates are flexible.
- This role will be based out of our Austin, Texas office (non-remote)
- Housing and travel assistance provided
If this role is exciting you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet all 100% of the description or qualifications. We believe the collective sum of our individual differences, point-of-view, life experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, background and talent are what helps us achieve our vision.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Pinpoint conducts all employment-related activities without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship status, genetics, or status as a Vietnam-era special disabled and other covered veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Pinpoint participates in E-Verify and will confirm work authorization for candidates residing in the United States.
Read Full Job Description