Design System Business Analyst Intern at Q2 (Austin, TX or Remote)
Q2 is looking for talented individuals with exceptional technical curiosity and enthusiasm for solving problems.
The Summer Internship Program is 12-weeks long (May 24th - August 12th) and all positions are paid hourly with an average work week of 40 hours. In addition to your daily work, you will be given the opportunity for weekly classroom trainings with Sr. Leadership, activities with other Q2 interns and the opportunity to present to the Executive Leadership team at the end of the program. This position will be a remote role.
We are seeking a Business Analyst intern with strong writing skills, an interest in UX Design or front-end development, and an ability to collaborate across teams to collect, organize and document requirements for our Design System initiative. In this role, you will learn about enterprise Design Systems, technical writing, and the responsibilities of a Business Analyst in an Agile scrum environment.
- Proactively engage with cross-team stakeholders in Design and Development to seek clarification on requirements and for UI components. Partner with Development and UX Design Leads to define Design System priorities.
- Document clear user stories, design and development requirements, and acceptance criteria in JIRA. Analyze business rules to groom development tickets based on design prototypes.
- Thoroughly document guidelines for UI components on our Design System website, using basic HTML.
- Utilize Agile scrum methodology and work with development team on sprint planning and backlog refinement meetings. Refine the Design System backlog in JIRA alongside the Design System team.
- Coordinate with QA testing to ensure development is consistent with business requests, design prototypes, and accessibility best practices.
- Facilitate effective communication between UX and Development teams to get issues resolved and monitor overall health of the Design System.
- Support the on-schedule delivery of new UI components, UI component bug fixes, and design guidelines.
- Communicate the status of the Design System initiative to project stakeholders and leaders.
Majors: Business, Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction, UX Design, Information Architecture, Technical Writing, English, or related fields
Class: Graduate Student
- Excellent written communication and ability to convey technical concepts to a broad audience.
- Outstanding ability to proactively collaborate with technical stakeholders, including managers and leaders, in a remote environment.
- Ability to break down high-level features into tactical user stories and requirements.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint) and desire to learn new software tools a must.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Basic knowledge of HTML.
- Some knowledge of accessibility best practices, or a willingness to learn.
- Some knowledge of Knowledge of software product development lifecycles / Agile scrum methodology.
- Some knowledge of UX Design and/or Design Systems.
At Q2, our goal is to be a diverse and inclusive workforce that fosters mutual respect for our employees and the communities we serve. Q2 is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.