E-Commerce & Digital Marketing Intern at Kendra Scott
About Kendra Scott:
We are a fun, talented and driven team dedicated to providing our customers with gorgeous products and a WOW! experience. Family, fashion and philanthropy are at the core of our company and though we move at a very fast pace, we are committed to maintaining a family-oriented work environment and giving back to our community. A passion for great design, dedication to innovation and a strong social media presence are our building blocks for creating a unique and engaging lifestyle brand across all channels, including retail stores, wholesale accounts and e-commerce. Our headquarters are located in the heart of Austin, Texas, and we embrace the unique vibe and energy of our hometown as an inspiration for our brand and company culture.
The Kendra Scott Summer Internship Program offers students an opportunity to gain exposure to the inner workings of our fast-growing, multi-category, fashion lifestyle brand. We value all of our interns and commit to providing a comprehensive learning experience that aligns with individual interests and career goals.
• 10-week, paid experience in Austin, TX
• Relocation assistance is not provided
• Applicants should apply for the internship they are most interested in pursuing. Applicants that apply for multiple opportunities will not be considered.
• Sponsorship assistance is not provided at this time
• The deadline for internship applications is December 15, 2019 at 11:59 pm PST
• Candidates will be informed of their status throughout our process, with final offers being extended by February 28, 2020
What You Will Learn:
• Real world knowledge of working cross-functionally in a fast growing, multi-channel business that values customers, employees and giving back.
• Sharpen your strengths through on the job training and learn new skills in the many departments that support a growing organization.
• Hands on strategizing and planning.
• Participation in regular staff meetings and events.
The Ecommerce and Digital Marketing Intern will report to the Ecommerce Marketing Lead and positively represent the brand while creating cross functional partnerships as an interim member of the Ecommerce team. The primary responsibility of the Ecommerce and Digital Marketing Intern is to aid in the execution of Ecommerce marketing strategies, site merchandising efforts, and digital marketing campaigns.
Ecommerce Marketing & Merchandising:
• Complete competitive deep dive on website features and functionalities and email and text messaging campaigns. Based on findings, present recommendations to team.
• Support team in website auditing of filters, search results and product recommendations. Serving as the voice of the customer, provide recommendations for enhancements as relevant.
• Participate in promotion optimization through competitive analysis and testing.
• Learn the process of managing an email marketing channel by participating in content planning meetings, set up and testing of messages, and reporting on performance.
• Assist in communication & distribution of promotional and launch information to key agency partners on a timely basis.
• Support development of creative assets for digital marketing, including working with cross-functional teams and agency partners to request assets in a timely manner and concept visuals & messaging for ads.
• Complete competitive deep dive into digital marketing in fashion/retail. Intern will research competitors to understand what types of visuals and messaging competitors are utilizing in their paid digital marketing to create awareness, consideration and conversion as well as assist in making recommendations for Q3/Q4 2020.
• Complete analysis of partnerships within affiliate marketing. Intern will research various shopping apps & student websites and present recommendations as to new publishers to add into current affiliate program.
• Intern’s proposal will directly affect partnerships within affiliate & will have the ability to positively impact Ecommerce revenue through their recommendations.
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have:
• The ability to work 40 hours per week (Monday through Friday, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm)
• Availability to work May 26th- July 31st, 2020. Consideration will be given for special life events with the exception of Internship Orientation (Tuesday, May 26th)
o Fourth of July will be observed as a company holiday
• The ability to demonstrate strong leadership among peers and across the organization
• A high level of accountability, reliability and initiative
• A proven ability to execute with consistent delivery
• Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• A strong ability to build relationship with co-workers and keep others informed
• A growth mindset: desire to learn, grow and embrace new ideas
• A shared appreciation for our 3 core values of Family, Fashion and Philanthropy