Experiential Marketing Intern at Kendra Scott
If you are an energetic, driven, self-starter looking for an internship that provides insight into working for a fashion-lifestyle brand, this could be the job for you!
EXPERIENTIAL MARKETING INTERNSHIP- HOME OFFICE- KENDRA SCOTT
About Kendra Scott:
We are a fun, talented and driven team dedicated to providing our customers with gorgeous products and a WOW! experience. Family, fashion and philanthropy are at the core of our company and though we move at a very fast pace, we are committed to maintaining a family-oriented work environment and giving back to our community. A passion for great design, dedication to innovation and a strong social media presence are our building blocks for creating a unique and engaging lifestyle brand across all channels, including retail stores, wholesale accounts and e-commerce. Our headquarters are located in the heart of Austin, Texas, and we embrace the unique vibe and energy of our hometown as an inspiration for our brand and company culture.
The Kendra Scott Summer Internship Program offers students an opportunity to gain exposure to the inner workings of our fast-growing, multi-category, fashion lifestyle brand. We value all of our interns and commit to providing a comprehensive learning experience that aligns with individual interests and career goals.
• 10-week, paid experience in Austin, TX
• Relocation assistance is not provided
• Applicants should apply for the internship they are most interested in pursuing. Applicants that apply for multiple opportunities will not be considered.
• Sponsorship assistance is not provided at this time
• The deadline for internship applications is December 15, 2019 at 11:59 pm PST
• Candidates will be informed of their status throughout our process, with final offers being extended by February 28, 2020
What You Will Learn:
• Real world knowledge of working cross-functionally in a fast growing, multi-channel business that values customers, employees and giving back.
• Sharpen your strengths through on the job training and learn new skills in the many departments that support a growing organization.
• Hands on strategizing and planning.
• Participation in regular staff meetings and events.
We have an exciting career opportunity to support our KS marketing events, seasonal launches, pop-ups, brand partnership events as well as other activations that further help speak to the brand and promote brand awareness in our focus markets. Reporting to our Special Events Lead, our Experiential Marketing Intern will represent the brand and work hand in hand with the Experiential Marketing Team to bring a variety of events from idea to execution. This role combines the need for a positive attitude in an ever-changing environment, event planning experience, and exceptional communication skills to ensure efficient production and successful events.
• Act as execution support on all events big or small. This will require a highly organized, detail-oriented person who enjoys getting their hands dirty, keeping organized and hitting deadlines
• Partner with Special Events Lead for department budget data entry and allocation.
• Source and manage venues, décor, catering, vendors, etc. through the event process.
• Work cross functionally with internal departments; philanthropy, field marketing, and college brand ambassador program.
• Collaborate with the Creative Services team on digital or print needs for each event.
• Act as a project manager keeping project docs, budgets, schedules, and recaps updated
• Capture event content for social media channels when applicable.
• Draft design concepts and create event visual decks using completive event research for new brand partnerships and activations in focus markets that align with the three Kendra Scott core pillars of Family, Fashion and Philanthropy.
• Support Marketing team to request and ship event gifting and décor needs to retail teams.
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have:
• The ability to work 40 hours per week (Monday through Friday, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm)
• Availability to work May 26th- July 31st, 2020. Consideration will be given for special life events except for Internship Orientation (Tuesday, May 26th)
o Fourth of July will be observed as a company holiday.
• The ability to demonstrate strong leadership among peers and across the organization.
• A high level of accountability, reliability and initiative.
• A proven ability to execute with consistent delivery.
• Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• A strong ability to build relationship with co-workers and keep others informed.
• A growth mindset: desire to learn, grow and embrace new ideas.
• A shared appreciation for our 3 core values of Family, Fashion and Philanthropy.