About the Role:
CrowdStrike is looking for highly motivated, self-driven, Falcon Complete Analyst Intern dedicated to making a difference in global security by protecting organizations against the most advanced attackers in the world. Our CrowdStrike virtual security operations center offers opportunities to expand your skill set through a wide variety of experiences, detecting and responding to incidents as they occur in real-time for our customers.
Why the Falcon Complete Team?
- Do you find yourself interested in putting your hands-on technical skills to the test in detecting, containing, and remediating incidents?
- Are you self-motivated and looking for an opportunity to rapidly accelerate your skills?
- Do you crave new and innovative work that actually matters to your customer?
- Are you looking to increase your Incident Response or Information Security skills?
- Do you love working around like-minded, smart people who you can learn from on a daily basis?
- Conduct monitoring and analysis of security alerts.
- Assist with triage of incoming issues to assess the priority. Investigate alerts and validate the alert is malicious.
- Escalate alerts that indicate a potential security incident.
- Serve as first line of contact for customer security requests.
- Initiate cases, document activities, and escalate issues to higher-level security analysts per Falcon Complete Standard Operating Procedures.
- Handle high pressure situations in a productive and professional manner.
- 0-2 years of relevant incident handling skills
- Fundamental understanding of information security
- Fundamental understanding of sysinternals
- Fundamental understanding of network communications
- Desire to grow and expand technical and soft skills
- Current student working towards a BA or BS / MA or MS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Math, Information Security, Information Assurance, Information Security Management, Intelligence Studies, Cybersecurity, Cybersecurity Policy, or a related field.
Nice to Have Qualifications:
Successful candidates will have experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Incident Handling: experience conducting or managing incident response for organizations, investigating targeted threats such as the Advanced Persistent Threat, Organized Crime, and Hactivists.
- Computer Forensic Analysis: a background using a variety of forensic analysis tools in incident response investigations to determine the extent and scope of compromise.
- Systems Administration: an understanding of system internals is required to understand how to implement and execute countermeasures and remediation.
- Network Forensic Analysis: knowledge of network protocols, network analysis tools, and ability to perform analysis of associated network logs.
- Malware Analysis: ability to perform static and dynamic malware analysis to understand the nature of malware
- Incident Remediation: strong understanding of targeted attacks and able to create customized tactical and strategic remediation plans for compromised organizations.
- Network Operations and Architecture/Engineering: strong understanding of secure network architecture and strong background in performing network operations.