Fall IOC Intern at Q2
Q2 is seeking energetic, innovative, “out-of-the-box” thinkers with a passion for software and technology to join our Integrated Operations Center for 2020.
The Internship program is 4-6 months long, and all positions are paid hourly with an average workweek of fewer than 29 hours per week. In addition to your project-based internship role, you will be given the opportunity to learn and shadow from other IOC and Hosting employees and have the opportunity to present on your internship experience to the team at the end of the program.
We are seeking an IOC Analyst Intern to join our IT team to assist and provide first escalation support in the monitoring, troubleshooting and support of various Linux and Windows operating systems, databases, utilities, system tools and the hardware on which they reside. As an IOC Analyst, you will respond to monitoring alerts and cases, drive investigations and provide triage during incidents and outages for services that the IOC supports across Q2. You will join a passionate and collaborative team of people who are focused on providing exceptional support to our customers and internal teams.
- Proactively respond to alerts generated by monitoring systems to maintain environment health and stability
- Resolve issues by following documented processes and pre-defined standard operating procedures
- Monitor and analyze logs and alerts from a variety of different technologies across multiple platforms in order to identify and mitigate security incidents and maintain the integrity of corporate information
- Leverage network security tools and capabilities to analyze potential cyber threats from a variety of intakes taking appropriate response actions to include threat containment and/or escalation
- Document troubleshooting results and remediation actions, provide regular status updates to impacted customers
- Identify and escalate critical impact to on-call teams
- Create and maintain operational runbooks in support new and changing infrastructure
- Perform daily IOC tasks, including managing a case workload, responding to escalated issues and operational checklists
- Ensure proper transition during shift change