Front-End Software Engineer Intern at Q2
The Summer Internship Program is 12-weeks long (May 24th - August 12th) and all positions are paid hourly with an average workweek of 40 hours. In addition to your daily work, you will be given the opportunity for weekly classroom training with Sr. Leadership, activities with other Q2 interns, and the opportunity to present to the Executive Leadership team at the end of the program. This position is a hybrid role. Due to this being a hybrid role, it is preferred the intern is located in Austin or surrounding areas. We will also consider remote for this position for the right candidate.
We are seeking a Front-End Software Engineer Intern to join the Consumer Online Banking development team. In this internship, you will gain front end technical skills and a better understanding of agile software development practices by being part of a team that works on real features for our product suite. You will have the opportunity to learn from a collaborative group of seasoned developers and testers how to develop, test, and maintain first class software for our financial institutions, as well as gain exposure to other teams across our company.
- Design, implement, integrate, and test high performance software solutions that interact with end users and integrate with internal and external services
- Active participation in scrum ceremonies including grooming, sprint planning, standups, sprint demo, and retrospectives
Major: Computer Science or similar
Class: Junior or Senior
Experience and Knowledge:
- Comfortable with code versioning systems (git is preferred)
- Clear written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to collaborate well with teammates across multiple roles
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Experience with Android or iOS development preferred
- Experience with SCRUM or Agile framework preferred
At Q2, our goal is to be a diverse and inclusive workforce that fosters mutual respect for our employees and the communities we serve. Q2 is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.