Drillinginfo is now Enverus! Since our founding as a groundbreaking provider of oil & gas data, we have evolved our solutions to cover oil & gas analytics, trading & risk, and business automation for customers across the energy industry. Enverus represents this growth, while bringing us closer together as one team.Enverus delivers business-critical insights to the global energy industry through a state-of-the-art SaaS platform built on industry-leading data and energy analytics. Our solutions deliver value across the entire energy value chain, empowering customers to be more agile, efficient and competitive. The range of energy industry participants we serve includes exploration and production (E&P) companies and related businesses such as oilfield services, midstream, capital markets, power generators and utilities, energy traders, and downstream commercial & industrial energy consumers.
We are currently seeking a highly driven Geology Intern to join our Geology team in Austin, TX. This role offers the opportunity to join a rapidly growing company delivering industry-leading solutions to customers in the world’s most dynamic and fastest growing sector. Enverus is the right company at the right time.
- Geological analysis of the most active oil and gas plays in the U.S.
- Data interpretation and mapping using the geologic tools in Transform, our proprietary G&G interpretation platform, as well as more advanced tools for data analytics.
- Work closely with teammates to provide geological data or results for analysis and modeling.
- Data management, including creating, organizing, loading, providing quality control, and exporting various types of data. Data types include oil and gas production data, well completion data, well header information, deviation surveys, well logs, petrophysical properties, and event correlations.
- Reservoir evaluation of unconventional reservoirs.
- Work with project geologists to interpret well logs and build structure maps.
Competitive Candidate Profile
- Enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate Geology (or similar) program; preferably you have been to field camp or had the field methods course.
- Knowledge of and exposure to some technical software such as SQL, R, Python, Microsoft Office, MATLAB, Spotfire, etc. is preferable.
- Knowledge of well engineering and completion practices.
- Demonstrated ability to perform file manipulation and formatting.
- Prior knowledge and experience with 2D and 3D earth science workflows including mapping, stratigraphic correlations, and log analysis.