HRIS Intern (PostGrad) at Q2 (Austin, TX)
Q2 is looking for talented individuals with exceptional technical curiosity and is enthusiastic about solving problems.
The Summer Internship Program is 12-weeks long (May 24th - August 12th), and all positions are paid hourly with an average workweek of 40 hours. In addition to your daily work, you will be given the opportunity for the weekly classroom training with Sr. Leadership, activities with other Q2 interns, and the opportunity to present to the Executive Leadership team at the end of the program. This position will be a remote role.
We have an internship opportunity on the HRIS team, which will help you understand the People processes and develop your configuration skills in Workday. You will be working closely with the HRIS administrators and assist them with our projects planned for 2022. Your day-to-day activities include watching the HRIS case queue, reaching out to the requestors to understand their issues, troubleshooting those issues, and proposing solutions to their problems.
Potential projects could include (but are not limited to):
• Document the People Processes – update lucid charts with the latest people processes
• Quarterly Bonus Payout process – assist compensation team in testing the Quarter2 bonus payouts
• Assist in reducing our case queue – review the long-pending cases, propose solutions, and close as many tickets as you can
• Assist with our 2022 projects – assist in testing the application changes and provide the test results
Major: Computer Science, IT Applications, or Human Resources
Class: Graduate Student
• Pursuing a graduate degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Human Resources, or relevant field of study
• 0-2 years of experience within any of the following areas: Human Resources, Application design, Configuring SAAS-based applications like Workday, or any other HCM applications.
• Strong interpersonal skills, incl. good communication with the ability to present and articulate ideas in a precise and concise manner
• Ability to think creatively, take ownership of tasks, and adapt to changing business requirements
• Passion for designing and supporting applications
• Interest in human capital management
• Demonstrated attention to detail
• High level of accountability and integrity
• Ability to build strong relationships working with cross-functional teams
• Comfortable with executive-level management interaction
• Ability to multitask and navigate through ambiguity
• Motivated self-learner with the passion and follow through to acquire new skills
• Enthusiasm and a desire to make a difference
At Q2, our goal is to be a diverse and inclusive workforce that fosters mutual respect for our employees and the communities we serve. Q2 is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.