Human Resources Internship
At YETI, we believe that time spent outdoors matters more than ever and our gear can make that time extraordinary. When you work here, you have the opportunity to create something exceptional, build something sustainable and make a real impact. We are built for the wild.
We are seeking a Human Resources Intern to take on projects that drive business impact. In this role, you will gain exposure to multiple facets of Human Resources, including Total Rewards, HR strategy, and employment law. If you are highly analytical, organized, with an eye for detail, then this opportunity may be for you! This is a paid internship beginning 3rd week of May through mid/end of August.
Project Scope and Responsibilities:
- In partnership with Compensation Leaders, implement and administer compensation policies and programs. Conduct a thorough Audit of internal job content and prepare job descriptions reflecting job responsibilities, core competencies, duties and requirements.
- Meet with internal stakeholders and leaders as needed to gather additional insight into core competencies and responsibilities for each role.
- Participate in compensation surveys to collect and analyze competitive salary information to determine company's competitive position.
- Review requests for new or revised classifications to determine appropriate salary grade assignment. Formulate recommendations regarding development of company salary structure, FLSA exemptions, job revisions and organizational structures.
- Review existing and proposed statutory requirements governing compensation administration and recommend appropriate courses of action.
- May prepare special studies and recommendations on subjects such as incentive compensation, bonus plans, and sales compensation.
- May include administration of domestic and/or international programs. Document and maintain compensation-related processes, policies and procedures.
- Must be a full-time student completing their 3rd year at an accredited university
- Field of study in Human Resources, Business, Finance, or other relevant field
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly in Excel
- Must have advanced Excel skills
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- High attention to detail
- Reliable with a high regard of project ownership
- Ability to handle highly sensitive information with the highest degree of confidentiality and integrity
Want your application to stick out? Include a cover letter outlining why you’re interested in a career in Human Resources and with YETI Coolers.
*Students not located currently in Austin, Texas will be responsible for covering all expenses associated with relocation to Austin. (ie. travel, lodging, transportation, food, etc)
YETI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.