Incident & Problem Management Intern at Q2 (Austin, TX)
Q2 is looking for talented individuals with exceptional technical curiosity and is enthusiastic about solving problems.
The Summer Internship Program is 12-weeks long (May 24th - August 12th) and all positions are paid hourly with an average work week of 40 hours. In addition to your daily work, you will be given the opportunity for weekly classroom trainings with Sr. Leadership, activities with other Q2 interns and the opportunity to present to the Executive Leadership team at the end of the program. This position will be a hybrid role. Due to this being a hybrid role, it is preferred the intern is located in Austin, TX or surrounding areas.
As an Incident & Problem Manager you will learn about the processes and procedures necessary to reduce the duration, impact, and number of outages affecting datacenter infrastructure and applications.
- Driving resolution efforts of major incidents impacting service availability across multiple product offerings, such as Online and Mobile banking.
- Leading incident bridge calls with participants across multiple technical and business teams.
- Engaging appropriate resolver teams to support incident resolution.
- Providing status updates to internal and external stakeholders.
- Capturing documentation of ongoing actions and events throughout the incident.
- Performing post-incident activities in close alignment with technical and operational teams and writing and distributing the Root Cause Analysis.
- Collaborating across business and technology organizations to improve processes and procedures for effectively coordinating incidents.
Major: Computer Science and related fields
Graduation Date: May 2023 (rising senior) May 2024 (rising junior)
- Good written and verbal communication.
- Excellent Microsoft products (excel, word, PPT) a must.
- Have a high level, holistic understanding of IT Hosting (datacenter) & Cloud infrastructure and applications.
- Analytic nature to identify trends.
- Able to follow step by step instructions.
At Q2, our goal is to be a diverse and inclusive workforce that fosters mutual respect for our employees and the communities we serve. Q2 is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.