Intern - Modeling Platform Engineering at Invitae
Location: Remote U.S.A.
What is the Invitern Program?
The Invitern Program offers opportunities for students, recent grads, or those who are early in their career to develop industry skills through Invitae’s internship roles.
With each opportunity, we aim to create an experience for our interns (Inviterns!) that is enhanced by mentorship, networking opportunities, and impactful work. Throughout the duration of this program, we hope to offer a sense of community with our Inviterns and build lasting relationships. Our hope is that Inviterns become future Invitaens!
The 2022 Summer Invitern Program is a paid internship and will start June 6th, 2022 and commence August 12, 2022.
Late October 2021 - Invitern role open for applications
December 2021 - Inviterns selected
June 2022 - Inviterns start
August 2022 - Invitern Program ends
Intern - Modeling Platform Engineering
Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. We are driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are changing the genetics industry, by making genetic testing affordable and accessible for everyone to guide health decisions across all stages of life.
Invitae’s Clinical Bioinformatics and Scientific Modeling teams play a critical role in building bioinformatics and computational biology solutions that deliver robust, quantitative, mechanistic, and scalable support for molecular diagnostic tests.
Invitae’s Clinical Sciences and Interpretation team is welcoming talented and motivated Computational Biology Interns to process, analyze and model complex biological datasets and processes this summer. Our teams are highly cross-functional and multi-disciplinary. You will have the opportunity to work along-side genomic scientists, biophysicists, cellular engineers, data scientists, ML engineers, software engineers, genetic counselors, and medical geneticists and to gain expertise in bringing healthcare improvements to patients.
What you’ll do:
- Design, develop, and validate computational methods to drive improvements in variant interpretation evidence
- Integrate advances in diverse fields of biological, computer, and clinical sciences into modern computational infrastructure and workflows
- Work in a highly collaborative and cross-disciplinary team to deliver quantitative, mechanistic, and scalable support for clinical interpretation of genetic results
What you bring:
- University-level expertise in a quantitative discipline such as Computational Biology, Computer Science, Genome Sciences, Biophysics/Physics, Systems Biology, Bioinformatics, and/or Mathematics
- Ability to work independently, design and conduct research, and to evaluate, interpret and present complex scientific data
- Ability to work effectively in a cross-functional environment where collaboration is a key component for team success
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Fluency in programming in Python, or other languages.
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.