Intern - University & Diversity Programs at Invitae
Location: Remote in U.S.A.
What is the Invitern Program?
The Invitern Program offers opportunities for students, recent grads, or those who are early in their career to develop industry skills through Invitae’s internship roles.
With each opportunity, we aim to create an experience for our interns (Inviterns!) that is enhanced by mentorship, networking opportunities, and impactful work. Throughout the duration of this program, we hope to offer a sense of community with our Inviterns and build lasting relationships. Our hope is that Inviterns become future Invitaens!
The 2022 Summer Invitern Program is a paid internship and will start June 6th, 2022 and commence August 12, 2022.
Late October 2021 - Invitern role open for applications
December 2021 - Inviterns selected
June 2022 - Inviterns start
August 2022 - Invitern Program ends
University & Diversity Programs Intern
Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. We are driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are changing the genetics industry, by making genetic testing affordable and accessible for everyone to guide health decisions across all stages of life.
We're looking for a University & Diversity Programs Intern to collaborate with our Talent Acquisition Operations team to develop actions to pipeline diverse intern talent. The Intern will develop creative strategies to advance diversity, equity, and inclusion in all aspects of our Invitern Program. Areas could include recruiting, design, marketing, and alumni engagement.
- Conduct research on organizations and universities for partnership with our internship program to encourage diverse representation
- Help with the branding and design of recruitment materials, such as swag, pamphlets, and videos
- Content creation for our University & Diversity recruiting programs to be shared internally and externally
- Provide suggestions on improvements for a meaningful internship experience to support university relationships and develop pipelines of talent for the future
- Partner with University & Diversity Program Manager to develop a continuous engagement program of Invitern Program alumni
- Exposure to the basics of full-cycle recruiting and other Invitae business functions
What you bring to Invitae:
- Passionate about Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion recruiting initiatives at Invitae
- Ability to show ownership through management of multiple projects or activities
- Experience with crafting proposals and presentations based on research
- Experience with supporting, challenging, and collaborating with teammates towards creative solutions
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of diversity organizations at the intern talent level ex. HBCUs, WIC, SHPE, etc.
- Experience with Google Suite products
- Experience in marketing, content creation, or graphic design
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.