Internal Auditor Intern at Q2 (Austin, TX or Remote)
Q2 is looking for talented individuals with exceptional technical curiosity and is enthusiastic about solving problems.
The Summer Internship Program is 12-weeks long (May 24th - August 12th) and all positions are paid hourly with an average work week of 40 hours. In addition to your daily work, you will be given the opportunity for weekly classroom trainings with Sr. Leadership, activities with other Q2 interns and the opportunity to present to the Executive Leadership team at the end of the program. This position will be a remote role.
As a Internal Audit Intern, your primary responsibility will be to execute SOX control testing. These responsibilities will require developing a working knowledge of SOX business controls including those addressing revenue accounting, implementation cost capitalization, cost of sales, financial reporting, and others.
We firmly believe that technology risks must be considered when examining a process. You will also test basic SOX IT controls.
· Assist internal audit team with performing and documenting process walkthroughs
· Update prior test programs in preparation for current testing
· Provides content for audit report including issues and recommendations
· Prepares workpapers
· Work with core internal audit team to obtain control evidence
· Analyze and interpret data collected from multiple sources to ensure valid conclusions are drawn
· Communicates effectively with internal clients
· Builds ability to deliver difficult messages based on facts and accompanied with recommendations
· Assist with other internal audit projects as assigned
Major: Accounting, Finance
Class: Sophomore, Junior, Senior
· Pursuing degree in Accounting or Finance with 2-3 years of college completed
· Basic to intermediate skill with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
· Exceptional work ethic, efficient, and accurate
· Ability to operate independently and proactively with minimal up-front instruction and take ownership of work product; driven, diligent, and self-motivated
· Excellent time management skills and ability to work independently or as part of a team
· Excellent communication skills with a customer service focus
· Trustworthy and discreet with confidential financial and employee data
At Q2, our goal is to be a diverse and inclusive workforce that fosters mutual respect for our employees and the communities we serve. Q2 is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.