International Strategy Analyst Intern
The International Strategy Analyst Intern will be part of the team that is responsible for developing, analyzing, and drawing insights from the core operating metrics of HomeAway’s business in the Americas. Your responsibilities will be to help support the retail team analyze business performance and implement business initiatives.
What you’ll do:
- You’ll partner with Retail team to drive performance for key origin and destinations
- You will develop a competitor analysis and strategic plan for an emerging market
- You’ll gain cross-functional exposure by working with team members across the organization
- You’ll perform systematic industry research and analysis to highlight category trends and key competitive issues and opportunities
Who you are:
- Currently pursuing a graduate degree in business or a related field
- Experience with or desire to learn data querying tools like SQL, Tableau, or similar program
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organization skills
- Demonstrated track record of creative and structured approach to problem solving
- You are a motivated self-starter that likes to take direction and then run with a project
- You like to provide new ideas when you see an opportunity to add value to a project
- Desire and ability to learn quickly
- Logic and common sense in performing quantitative analyses and sharp sensitivity to implications and impact
- Competitive compensation
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
- Discounted rail and bus passes
- Free drinks and snacks
- Electronic, adjustable stand up desk
- Casual dress code
This role is part of HomeAway University which starts June 3, 2019 and lasts for 11 weeks. Learn more about our HomeAway University training program here: https://www.homeaway.com/careers/university
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
HomeAway, a world leader in the vacation rental industry, is the place to book beach houses, cabins, and condos with more than two million places to stay in 190 countries. The site makes it easy to find and book the perfect vacation rental for any getaway, often for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. HomeAway is part of the Expedia Group family of brands.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.