Java Software Engineer Internship (Summer 2019)
Job Description Summary
CCC Jumpstart Summer Internship Program
Our program is designed to #CCCJumpstart your career! At CCC, you will work and learn alongside innovative and inspiring leaders and gain valuable experience working on real business solutions in a corporate setting. You will also have an opportunity to participate in unique events throughout the summer from professional development workshops to Lunch and Learn events with CCC colleagues and leaders
Joining CCC as a Java Software Engineering, you will gain experience with software engineering, product development, and understanding the business case for why our products are created. This opportunity is a paid, full-time, summer internship. There will be two cohorts for the upcoming CCC Jumpstart class:
- May 20th, 2019 - August 16th, 2019
- June 24th, 2019 – September 13th, 2019
- Parts Team: this team has anything to do with a supplier’s auto parts. CCC has different systems that handle each of the three major groups of parts: OEMs (Original Equipment Manufacturers), After Markets, and Recycle. The members on the parts work on an eCommerce application for auto parts that is integrated with more than 1000 suppliers where we provide electronic quotes to make finding and buying parts easier.
- Workflow Team: Workflow is a core product of CCC. All the applications are web developed along with mobile iOS and Android SDK applications. The Workflow Team is one of the largest teams here at CCC and looking for product development minded individuals. Members of this team are typically full-stack engineers
- Integration Team: After the Workflow teams builds a product (mobile, writing estimates, web applications etc.) it’s then the Integration Teams responsibility to streamline these products into what already exist in the market.
- CCC Product Applications: total loss valuation, commercial, and salvage application. Teams are BAs, Developers, and QAs. Fully Agile. This product application suite is one of our two founding products here at CCC.
If you have completed your sophomore/junior year at a top-tier university and have demonstrated excellence in your academic studies, this opportunity is right for you. We are looking for candidates who offer strong collaborative skills and work well with a team. Below is a list of technologies we use and are potentially looking for
- Java OO development
- HTML, CSS, Angular, and Vue
- Experience in Spring, REST (consuming/creating), and Hibernate
- Exposure to Storm/Kafka or other Big Data would be a plus
Why Choose CCC:
We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer generous benefit plans and resources designed with employee satisfaction in mind.
What we value is simple - customers, employee commitment, collaboration and clear communication.
We hire people who will embrace the company’s goals and productively contribute in ways that help us serve the customer, innovate, and stay strong.
We make it a priority to keep employees healthy, happy and enriched.
- Healthy - Wellness programs, competitive medical benefit offerings
- Happy – Recognition programs, a confidential employee assistance program, Perkspot/employee discount program and potentially flexible work arrangements such as staggered start times
- Enriched – Tuition reimbursement, training and learning programs, and leadership development opportunities
Our corporate headquarters is located in downtown Chicago within the historic Merchandise Mart—a certified LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) building.
Please Note: Contingent Workers, Field Inventory Representatives and Interns are not eligible for the benefits above.
CCC Information Services was recognized by Forbes as one of America’s Best Mid-Sized Employers in 2018 and ranked #17 in the Top 100 Digital Companies in Chicago in 2017 by Built In Chicago.
CCC is ready to help you shift your career into high gear. Let's get started!