Marketing Events Intern
ShipStation has over 250 partners, which includes marketplaces, shopping carts, carriers, solutions providers, fulfillment providers, and integration tools.
As a Marketing Events Intern, you will have the responsibility of assisting the events team in managing and executing events through various activities surrounding trade shows, conferences, local meetups, and ad-hoc events. This internship will be paid.
- Event Concepts: You will work with the event team to brainstorm and come up with new and exciting event ideas and how to implement them. You will have the opportunity to assist in all steps of event planning including event promotion, venue choice, run of show and post-event follow up.
- Planning: Assist in the planning of all types of events. Planning responsibilities include vetting out potential venues & vendors. Building out sponsorship levels for partners and different ways to involve them in the event. Also includes day of attendance (in town), and day of errands.
- Local Events: Our mission is to help ShipStation achieve an active, positive presence in the local Austin community. You will assist in the planning of local Austin based events including our monthly user meetups and SXSW lounge experience.
- Pre-Event Logistics. You will help keep track of various pre-event logistics such as securing flights and hotels and executing necessary pre-event tasks and details. In order to do this well, you must be very detail-oriented and able to coordinate efforts between internal and external vendors.
- Post-Event. You will be responsible for compiling leads captured during events and adding them to a shareable drive for sales team follow-up. You will assist in brainstorming ways to engage with leads post event.
- Marketing Events. You will assist with planning creative ways that ShipStation can stand-out during events. This may involve social media marketing during the event, contests to incite booth traffic, etc. This is the fun part! The best candidate for the job will have ideas on marketing pre, during, and post events to ensure we have overall success.
- Swag, Flyers, Handouts. You will be on a mission to find ShipStation swag and flyers that we can hand out during events. You will coordinate deliverables with vendors to be sure that the swag item is the right quality and quantity.
- Ad hoc duties/responsibilities as assigned.
You Must Have:
- Enrolled in an accredited college or university with a 3.0 or better GPA (preferably in marketing, business, or related field)
- Junior or Senior classification preferred
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Exceptional communication skills – including: written, interpersonal and public speaking
- Ability to meet multiple concurrent deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional customer relationship management skills
- High level of initiative and follow through
- Ability to be creative, have fresh ideas, and bring a unique perspective
- Be a Team Player!
ShipStation is on a mission to make every seller, wherever they sell and however they ship, exceptionally efficient at fulfilling orders. We are looking for talented people who want to jump in and roll up their sleeves with us to make it happen.
If creating impactful marketing activities and being a part of a fun Austin based SaaS company sounds interesting, please apply!
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled