OJO envisions a world where everyone has what they need to own a home. We know that homeownership is one of life’s most complex decisions and access to trusted advice and expertise can be the difference-maker. Through the fusion of machine intelligence and human expertise, we meet people wherever they are in their home journey to provide deeply personalized guidance and support.
Our intuitive technology learns each individual’s needs and preferences to provide a tailored experience whether they’re buying, selling, or managing their home as an asset. We then help them to move forward when the time’s right — with support, knowledge, and confidence.
From our network of top-rated agents we’ll match homebuyers and sellers with the expert who can best support their specific journey. We introduce agents and loan officers to consumers at just the right time, and underpin the connection with tools and insights to ensure a best-in-class experience.
As part of our team, you’ll help create the experiences that help level the playing field in real estate, so that all people — regardless of race, class, or gender — can experience the gateway to wealth and the security that home provides.
About the Marketing Team
The OJO Labs Marketing team is creative, analytical, and passionate about our business, our craft, and our pets; we’re a small and growing high-impact team. We aim to always keep the needs, wants, and goals of consumers at the forefront of every decision OJO makes, through insightful, compelling storytelling, that fuses the head and the heart. We influence with deep, quantitative analyses, wrapped in the context of qualitative insights. Every member on the team has their own domain knowledge and subject matter expertise, creating the opportunity and responsibility for ownership and deep collaboration on companywide initiatives. This new role, Marketing Insights Manager, requires an individual with relentless curiosity, excellent analytical abilities, strong business acumen as well as outstanding ability to communicate clearly and collaborate with Business, Marketing, Analytics, and Technical teams. We are looking for a teammate who has a deep analytical background with an emphasis on go-to-market functions, with a preference for someone with expertise in marketing analytics, including experience with marketing data, systems, and tools. You’ll be expected to roll up your sleeves and analyze directly raw data and insights. Are you a self-starter comfortable with ambiguity and have the ability to work in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment? This could be a great next role for you!
About this Role
You will a contributing member of our small but mighty Marketing Insights team. Our team exists to evangelize the customer within OJO using data-based storytelling. We enable a better understanding of consumer and agent behavior and audience insights by synthesizing and analyzing quantitative, qualitative, and behavioral data. We seek and find the customer truth, creating and telling comprehensive stories about how users behave using data.
Time: 10-15 hours a week
Commitment: 1 semester (Fall) with option to renew role in Spring
What you will do:
- Update the marketing dashboard and potentially building mechanisms for automating the process
- Exploring new datasets from third parties and evaluating the utility as well as data compatibility with our own data
- Assist in data cleaning and help with analysis by taking on certain slices (do we see trends by age, etc., from our previous surveys?), as well as taking time to thread different survey results together to tell interesting stories
- Analyze and monitor what is trending/buzz-worthy in the industry to help inform what topics we might want to explore next and give us data around what are people looking at/reading - this can also inform PR topics
- Brainstorm and help create new metrics and definitions that will enable us to have better visibility into how we are performing (marketplace metric, product stickiness, etc.)
- Support analyses using data, insights, and measurement to influence and support marketing strategy and align with overall business goals.
- Measure marketing performance, test hypotheses, develop insights and make recommendations that drive the highest incremental gains.
- Monitor competitive landscape and industry standards to rapidly integrate best practices in performance marketing measurement.
- Think expansively and creatively about KPIs for short and long-term measurement that aligns with marketing (and business) strategy.
- Create reports, dashboards, visuals, and one-off analyses from available data sources in our business intelligence platform -- Looker -- to monitor the marketing team’s B2B and end-to-end consumer efforts.
- Prepare and present analyses to influence marketing peers
What we need from you:
- A passion for digging into data, structuring problems, and building models and analyses that you can translate into compelling stories and actionable business recommendations.
- A desire to tell stories - written and verbal - that are compelling, personal, and based in data
- A can-do attitude with the passion to get the job done, no matter how big or small the task.
- Curiosity and proactivity -- reflexively follow curiosity to gain a deeper understanding and help the business look around corners.
- Fierce alignment with OJO’s core values: Embrace Discovery, Relentlessly Improve, Be Fearless and Fail Forward, Hire Great, Be Compassionate, and Earn Trust.
- Intermediate Excel knowledge (including pivot tables, vlookups, index/match, if statements, etc.)
- Beginner SQL knowledge and an interest in developing skills further -- helpful for writing ad-hoc queries, accessing our data warehouse as well as understanding broader data architecture patterns.
Nice to Haves:
- Intermediate knowledge of data analysis and visualization tools (ex., SQL, Tableau, Qualtrics, etc)
- Hands-On experience developing and working with Looker and Mixpanel Tools
- Hands-On experience creating primary research -- customer surveys, etc. and working with leading platforms such as Qualtrics
What do we have to offer?
● You get to work with the best of the best
● A collaborative, respectful environment where your voice will always be heard
● Competitive Salaries
● Unlimited/Open PTO Policy
● Dog-Friendly Workplace
● Commuter Stipend or Free Parking
● Optimum Workspace Subsidy
● 70% Coverage of Employee and Dependent Health Premiums
● Promote from Within Philosophy
● Volunteer Program
● Many More – We have a whole team dedicated to making OJO an awesome place to work!
With offices all over the world, our award-winning work environments blend meaningful impact and employee satisfaction. We have offices in Austin, Texas; Minneapolis, Minnesota; San Mateo, California; Chicago, Illinois; Toronto, Ontario; and Vieux Fort, St. Lucia.
OJO has received multiple workplace awards, including Fortune Best Workplaces in Technology, Inc. Best Workplaces, and Austin Business Journal’s Best Places to Work. Every person at OJO has a significant impact on our evolving product, team, and culture, which is why we hire the best technical, creative, and operational minds.
Virtual Life at OJO
At OJO, we care and listen deeply to the needs of our team to ensure they are comfortable and have the necessary tools to be productive while working from home during the pandemic. We strive to allow a balance and separation between home and work life, and provide support and a flexible working schedule so that employees are able to focus on what’s important to them. The leadership team at OJO has decided that we will work from home through September 2021, and will continue to monitor and respond to COVID-19 proactively.
OJO is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.