Merchandise Planning Intern
MERCHANDISE PLANNING INTERNSHIP- HOME OFFICE- KENDRA SCOTT
About Kendra Scott:
We are a fun, talented and driven team dedicated to providing our customers with gorgeous products and a WOW! experience. Family, fashion and philanthropy are at the core of our company and though we move at a very fast pace, we are committed to maintaining a family-oriented work environment and giving back to our community. A passion for great design, dedication to innovation and a strong social media presence are our building blocks for creating a unique and engaging lifestyle brand across all channels, including retail stores, wholesale accounts and e-commerce. Our headquarters are located in the heart of Austin, Texas, and we embrace the unique vibe and energy of our hometown as an inspiration for our brand and company culture.
The Kendra Scott Summer Internship Program offers students an opportunity to gain exposure to the inner workings of our fast-growing, multi-category, fashion lifestyle brand. We value all of our interns and commit to providing a comprehensive learning experience that aligns with individual interests and career goals.
• 10-week, paid experience in Austin, TX
• Relocation assistance is not provided
• Applicants should apply for the internship they are most interested in pursuing. Applicants that apply for multiple opportunities will not be considered.
• Sponsorship assistance is not provided at this time
• The deadline for internship applications is December 15, 2019 at 11:59 pm PST
• Candidates will be informed of their status throughout our process, with final offers being extended by February 28, 2020
What You Will Learn:
• Real world knowledge of working cross-functionally in a fast growing, multi-channel business that values customers, employees and giving back.
• Sharpen your strengths through on the job training and learn new skills in the many departments that support a growing organization.
• Hands on strategizing and planning.
• Participation in regular staff meetings and events.
Reporting to a member of the Planning team, the Merchandise Planning Intern will support in the daily business analysis needed to drive decisions that will maximize revenue and profitability across all channels. This role will provide exposure and focus into forecasting, purchasing, reporting, inventory management, and other facets of the planning process.
• Merchandise Analysis:
o Support Planning team in running weekly reporting, as well as providing high-level business recaps and callouts
o Perform ad-hoc analysis on various inventory or assortment optimization tests to determine validity and potential next steps
o Conduct Wholesale selling analysis at the category level for both Major and Specialty accounts
o Assist in reviewing and processing inventory transfer requests for Wholesale accounts
• Inventory Buy Quantification:
o Partner with Planners in the buying process for both monthly fashion assortments as well as replenishment product
o Collaborate with cross-functional partners to ensure buy quantities aligns with all channels’ strategy and revenue targets
• Process Documentation:
o Aid in creating SOP documentation for various Planning processes and reporting
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have:
• The ability to work 40 hours per week (Monday through Friday, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm)
• Availability to work May 26th- July 31st, 2020. Consideration will be given for special life events with the exception of Internship Orientation (Tuesday, May 26th)
o Fourth of July will be observed as a company holiday
• Basic Excel knowledge required, experience using formulas and pivot tables
• The ability to demonstrate strong leadership among peers and across the organization
• A high level of accountability, reliability and initiative
• A proven ability to execute with consistent delivery
• Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• A strong ability to build relationship with co-workers and keep others informed
• A growth mindset: desire to learn, grow and embrace new ideas
• A shared appreciation for our 3 core values of Family, Fashion and Philanthropy