Merchandising Intern at Kendra Scott
About Kendra Scott:
We are a fun, talented and driven team dedicated to providing our customers with gorgeous products and a WOW! experience. Family, fashion and philanthropy are at the core of our company and though we move at a very fast pace, we are committed to maintaining a family-oriented work environment and giving back to our community. A passion for great design, dedication to innovation and a strong social media presence are our building blocks for creating a unique and engaging lifestyle brand across all channels, including retail stores, wholesale accounts and e-commerce. Our headquarters are located in the heart of Austin, Texas, and we embrace the unique vibe and energy of our hometown as an inspiration for our brand and company culture.
The Kendra Scott Summer Internship Program offers students an opportunity to gain exposure to the inner workings of our fast-growing, multi-category, fashion lifestyle brand. We value all of our interns and commit to providing a comprehensive learning experience that aligns with individual interests and career goals.
• 10-week, paid experience in Austin, TX
• Relocation assistance is not provided
• Applicants should apply for the internship they are most interested in pursuing. Applicants that apply for multiple opportunities will not be considered.
• Sponsorship assistance is not provided at this time
• The deadline for internship applications is December 15, 2019 at 11:59 pm PST
• Candidates will be informed of their status throughout our process, with final offers being extended by February 28, 2020.
What You Will Learn:
• Real world knowledge of working cross-functionally in a fast growing, multi-channel business that values customers, employees and giving back.
• Sharpen your strengths through on the job training and learn new skills in the many departments that support a growing organization.
• Hands on strategizing and planning.
• Participation in regular staff meetings and events.
The Merchandising Intern will report to the Fashion Jewelry Merchant and positively represent the brand while creating cross functional partnerships as an interim member of the Merchandising team. The primary responsibility of the Intern is to aid in the execution of merchandising product strategies and assortment plans, resulting in exciting and timely product assortments that will maximize sales, profits and support overall brand positioning.
• Assist in go-to-market preparation for fashion jewelry category, including calendar management, launch document content creation and marketing tools management.
• Support communication and distribution of all critical merchandising information to key functional areas on a timely basis.
• Complete Pricing Analysis on Fashion Jewelry in the Industry. Intern will dig in to historical KS product selling and analyze price buckets, as well as research comparable brand to propose a new retail pricing strategy for implementation in 2020 development. Intern's proposal will be able to directly affect Spring 2020 finalization in July.
Customer Research & Communication:
• Focus on developing customer intimacy skills through multiple store visits and competitive shopping with Merchandising team; present findings and trend analysis to inform execution strategies.
• Complete Competitive Deep Dive in to Launch Cadence in the Fashion industry. Intern will do research in to competitors across multiple categories of business to understand launch cadence across the retail industry and make recommendations for 2020 launch timing.
• Complete Store Communication and Outreach Project. Intern will work cross functionally with Store Operations, Merchandising, Planning and Allocation to coordinate a communication cadence with our store base to provide more insight in to Merchant/Planning/Allocation strategies on a regular basis with the goal of implementing for Fall 2019.
• Implements plans to achieve departmental priorities.
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have:
• A high-level understanding of Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office tools
• The ability to work 40 hours per week (Monday through Friday, 9:00 am – 6:00 pm)
• Availability to work May 20- July 26, 2019. Consideration will be given for special life events with the exception of Internship Orientation (Monday, May 20th).
o Memorial Day & Fourth of July will be observed as company holidays.
• The ability to demonstrate strong leadership among peers and across the organization.
• A high level of accountability, reliability and initiative.
• A proven ability to execute with consistent delivery
• Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• A strong ability to build relationship with co-workers and keep others informed
• A growth mindset: desire to learn, grow and embrace new ideas
• A shared appreciation for our 3 core values of Family, Fashion and Philanthropy