Product Content Internship at Cloudflare
At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers trillions of requests per month. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer and named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the Role
As a Content Design Intern in the Product Content Experience (PCX) team, you’ll engage with Cloudflare technical content designers and product managers to develop technical documentation that answers nitty-gritty questions about how HTTP, networking, and DNS work at Cloudflare and how millions of customers can use our tools and services.
As Cloudflare builds new products and improves existing features, you will be the first to explain to the world what they are, how they work, and how everyone can start using them.
This internship is open to currently enrolled college students interested in a career in technical communication.
From this experience, you’ll have the opportunity to develop and deepen skills that are essential for a successful career as a technical communicator, such as:
- Research and information gathering
- Technical skills
- Written, verbal, and visual communication
- Problem solving
- Teamwork and cooperation
- Time management and organization
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to adapt complex information to technical and non-technical audiences
- Keen interest in technology, software development, cyber security, and the internet
- A portfolio of projects and school assignments showcasing your technical communication skills
- Big pluses (but not required):
- Experience with Git / Mercurial
- Multilingual skills (Chinese, Spanish, French, German, Portuguese, Korean, Japanese)
- Multimedia and graphic design
- Content management systems and static site generators
- You will work closely with and receive mentoring from a variety of product, engineering, and customer-facing teams to learn how to use new product features and communicate them clearly to both technical and non-technical users.
- Your content development assignments will vary from support content to product and developer documentation.
- You will be embedded within the day-to-day operations of the PCX team, keeping different types of content up to date.
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Project Athenian: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.