Product Management Intern
HomeAway, a world leader in the vacation rental industry, is the place to book beach houses, cabins, and condos with more than two million places to stay in 190 countries. The site makes it easy to find and book the perfect vacation rental for any getaway, often for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. HomeAway is part of the Expedia Group family of brands.
That is what we do here at HomeAway.com, an Expedia Company. We are an exciting, global company that is transforming the vacation rental market to become the world’s leading and most trusted marketplace. As a high-growth, e-commerce company, we are searching for talented and passionate Product Management Interns to join our global product team. Product Management Interns will work alongside the Product team to create products that will provide the next generation customer experience.
During the internship, you will learn about our scientific, test-and-learn approach to product development while helping develop a product feature or enhancement. Based on user research and data, and in collaboration with development, you will quickly design, implement, test, refine and deploy new product features. At the start of the internship, you will receive training and take part in HomeAway University (HAU) to help you be a successful, contributing member of the Product Teams during your internship.
What you’ll do:
- You will gather and develop product requirements and organize project information on the internal wiki site.
- You will partner directly with product owners to ensure stories are clearly defined and properly communicated.
- You will work with development teams to iteratively answer ongoing questions when refining features.
- You will collaborate with user research and experience design team to create mockups and prototypes.
- You will communicate product benefits to internal business partners.
- Using online tools, you will analyze and report on product test results.
- You will present the results of your project to the team at the end of your term.
Who you are:
We are looking for someone with a real passion for user experience, technology and data. If you are an analytical, results oriented individual with excellent communication skills this is your opportunity to gain hands-on product development experience. You should be eager to take initiative, learn, and solve problems to design best-in-class user-centric product features.
- Requirements also include:
- Currently in progress or have completed BS, BA, MBA, or Master’s in a related field.
- At least 1-2 years experience in a related field and/or previous internship(s) in product management, engineering or related fields.
- Strong project management skills.
- Analytical skills and passion for mobile or web-based product development.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with other teams.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Working familiarity with excel or general programming languages such as Python, SQL are a plus.
- Knowledge of the scientific process and AB testing methodologies is a plus.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive compensation
- Company matched 401k Plan
- Free snacks and beverages
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
- Discount Rail and Bus Passes
This role is part of HomeAway University which starts June 2019 and lasts for 11 weeks. Learn more about our HomeAway University training program here: https://www.homeaway.com/careers/university
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.