Product Manager Intern
Medici is recreating the doctor-patient relationship. Medici is a mobile app that provides convenient, secure communication between a doctor and their patients.
Medici empowers doctors to communicate securely and efficiently with their patients – saving time, money and expediting quality care. We are making a telehealth experience that is truly effortless and accessible. Medici is compliant technology thatallows doctors to accept payment, e-prescribe and much more. We have a vision to change the way doctors and patients interact and improve how healthcare is delivered. We are a global and rapidly growing startup focused on building a culture of innovation, collaboration and leadership in healthcare tech.
We are looking for a Product Management Intern to join us for the summer.
The Product Manager Internship at Medici is to inspire and grow new product managers by providing the resources and tools to jump start their careers. Medici offers a fast-paced startup environment seeking individuals who embrace change and can quickly adapt.
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with product managers to develop product specifications for new features and/or partnerships
- Learn the business of Medici by interacting with marketing, operations, sales and support stakeholders
- Learn the disciplines of agile software development
- Conduct market research and competitive analysis
- Manage product and engineering workflows by updating JIRA tickets and feature specifications
- Participate in agile ceremonies including backlog grooming, sprint planning, stand-up, and retro
What we are looking for:
You'll be a great member of our team if this list describes you.
- Smart, analytical, and technically savvy
- Excellent writing skills
- Strong communication skills using a variety of channels: phone, text, email, and in person
- A passion for improving the way healthcare is done
- Strong sense of empathy for both doctors and patients
- Enthusiastic about learning product management
- Able to work full time from our Austin headquarters -- core office hours start at 8 AM Monday through Friday
- Desirable: experience working in healthcare such as at a doctor’s office or hospital