Product Manager Intern at WP Engine
Since launching in 2010, WP Engine has become the world's leading WordPress Digital Experience Platform (DXP), now with over 100,000 customers in 140 countries. We're proud of the technology and service we offer our customers that move their businesses forward faster. At WP Engine, we strive to do the best work of our careers, and feel empowered to do what is right for our customers. We love investing in employee success and uncovering opportunities for you, the best, to get better. 99 percent of employees believe you're made to feel welcome at WP Engine. Be you. Be here.What's cool about this job.
We are searching for Product Management interns to join our rapidly expanding R&D team and help us enhance the managed cloud platform that enables our customers to build amazing digital experiences. Our internship offers an opportunity to collaborate in an Agile team environment making significant contributions to meaningful projects. The right person will have a sense for technology and can tackle customer and business problems. They will be hyper curious about our customers and identifying their pain points in pursuit of a well-optimized and successful product!The day to day.
- Deliver customer and business value incrementally and iteratively.
- Help create business cases for new opportunities that will lift our business, and practice pitching those opportunities to stakeholders.
- Learn to translate customer feedback and market opportunities into crisp user stories with acceptance criteria.
- Practice grooming a backlog for a product line.
- Partner with Product Managers to hold customer interviews and gather customer feedback.
- Be a great teammate to the other members of your Agile Scrum team.
- Natural problem solving abilities, an inquisitive personality, and an eagerness to tackle new challenges
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Passionate about working alongside a team to determine what solution best fits the customer's needs
- Excited by the flexibility and dynamic nature of a fast paced environment
- This role is a paid, full-time assignment (40 hours/week) for Summer 2020
- Lunch (Provided Monday – Thursday)
- Transportation (24x7 Downtown parking or commuter reimbursement)