Sales Engineer Intern - Cybersecurity (Summer 2020) at CrowdStrike
As a CrowdStrike Sales Engineer Intern you will have a unique opportunity to move beyond the classroom and into the cutting-edge world of cybersecurity. The internship is designed to expand a candidate’s skill set to encompass several important focus areas, yet remains flexible enough to allow individuals to spend more time on any area that works for them and is a good fit.
This internship will equip you with the competency and knowledge you need to transition into a career as a cybersecurity Technical Sales Engineer. You will participate in a wide variety of activities including proof of concepts, solution designs, hands on cyber defense, managing incidents, and exposure to all parts of the customer journey with CrowdStrike. The internship program provides individuals with experience across all major aspects of the CrowdStrike Sales Engineering business. After completing this program, candidates will have experience in the following areas:
· Networking Fundamentals
· Operating Systems
· CrowdStrike Tooling
· Falcon Endpoint Protection Platform (EPP)
· Windows, Mac, Linux Forensics
· Project Management and Reporting
· Client Communication and Management Requirements
- Be working on a BA or BS / MA or MS degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Math, Information Security, Information Systems, Information Assurance, Information Security Management, Intelligence Studies, Data Science, Cybersecurity, or similar related fields, not graduating earlier than August 2020 or equivalent experience
- Technical understanding of incident response, computer forensics, network administration and management and endpoint security including anti-virus solutions will be of benefit.
- Be self-motivated and actively seek opportunities for growth
- Be seeking a career in cybersecurity and/or incident response
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills, both internally and externally.
- Experience in consulting or sales engineering – particularly in the areas of security incident response or security architecture design preferred.
- Skills/tools: Microsoft Office, VMware, Offensive Security, Kali Linux, Metasploit, Python, Bash/Shell Scripting, Firewall/Endpoint technologies, Antivirus solutions, Salesforce, JIRA
- Malware analysis experience and Cybersecurity expertise a plus!
To fully understand the scope of CrowdStrike business training will be provided, covering the following aspects:
- CrowdStrike's New Hire Training and Onboarding
- CrowdStrike's Official Technical Courses (CCFA,CCFR,CCFH )
- Great Demo! training
- Value Selling
- RFP/RFI Proposal & Knowledge Management
- Demo Data, Scripts & Builds
- SE Enablement & Content Management
- Tech Writing