Sales & Marketing Intern
We are revolutionizing the western boot market and we are looking for our first set of interns to help us tell the Tecovas story and help shape our marketing & sales function. The ideal Marketing & Sales Intern is an independent, positive, hard-working, and creative individual who can live and breathe the Tecovas ethos and aesthetic and represent the brand both in-person and online. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Showroom & event sales and marketing
- Campus & guerrilla marketing strategy development
- Social media marketing & PR
- Event and broader offline strategy & execution
- Customer operations & communication
- General business strategy
- Creative content strategy and development (depending on background)
This role will be crucial to our development as a rapidly-growing startup brand! The candidate will report to the core leadership team and will get unmatched cross-functional experience and exposure -- and see first-hand how both marketing and operations decisions are made in a high-growth startup environment.
Hours will be flexible and can be structured to fit the ideal candidate's needs, with the exception of important sales & marketing events.
- High school diploma required
- Current BA/BS student from top university preferred
- Relevant retail experience desired but not required
- Relevant pursuant degree (marketing, business, sales, strategy, communications)
- Ability to operate a computer and related sales programs efficiently and effectively
- Strong interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence
- Positive, pleasant, and friendly demeanor
- Competitive hourly wage
- Flexible hours granted based on performance and intern desire/need
- Course and program credit if available/desired
- Tecovas gear and boots
- Mentorship and guidance from founder and exec team
Tecovas is revolutionizing the western-wear market as the first brand to make beautiful, handcrafted cowboy boots and sell them exclusively directly to customers. We are a rapidly-growing startup brand based in Austin, Texas with bootmaking operations in León, Mexico. We have an amazing cohort of customers, venture capital-backing, and a core team ready to expand and disrupt the US boot market.
Important note: We take hiring very seriously. Interviewing at Tecovas may include phone calls, on-site interviews, and on-the-job mock cases. We are unable to follow-up with each and every applicant, but we do our best to run a thorough process for candidates with whom we identify a potential fit.