Security Engineer Intern at Q2
Q2 is looking for talented individuals with exceptional technical curiosity and is enthusiastic about solving problems.
The Summer Internship Program is 12-weeks long (May 24th - August 12th) and all positions are paid hourly with an average work week of 40 hours. In addition to your daily work, you will be given the opportunity for weekly classroom trainings with Sr. Leadership, activities with other Q2 interns and the opportunity to present to the Executive Leadership team at the end of the program. This position will be an hybrid role. Due to this being an hybrid role, it is preferred the intern is located in Austin or surrounding areas.
As a Security Engineer you will learn about securing innovative products that scale to 400+ financial institutions. You will interact with stakeholders across Engineering, QA, DevSecOps, Operations, Development and Product Management.
· Designing and implementing public cloud security architectures in AWS, Azure, and on-premise datacenters
· Designing and implementing security controls that support NIST, SOC2, and SOX frameworks
· Delivering strategic and tactical security guidance for IT and Engineering initiatives
· Incorporating security products and processes into existing and new systems
· Baking security controls into Engineering and DevSecOps pipelines (e.g., build automation and configuration management)
· Designing, implementing, and administering network-based and host-based security tools
· Review and critique Security designs and implementations as part of design reviews.
· Identifying problem areas, bringing multiple solutions to the table, and educating stakeholders on the possibilities.
· Ensuring that all security, availability, confidentiality and privacy policies and controls are adhered to.
Things you will need to be successful in this role:
· Automation and scripting via PowerShell, Python, Perl, or Bash
· Implemented Security solutions in public clouds (AWS, Azure, and/or Google)
· The ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
· The ability to communicate with all levels of the organization, clearly expressing ideas and concepts both verbally and in writing
· A calm, diplomatic demeanor and a cooperative nature even in stressful situations
· Super high attention to detail and exceptional follow-through skills
Major: Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, etc.
Graduation Date: May 2023 (rising senior) May 2024 (rising junior)
· Good written and verbal communication
· Excellent Microsoft products (excel, word, PPT) a must.
At Q2, our goal is to be a diverse and inclusive workforce that fosters mutual respect for our employees and the communities we serve. Q2 is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.