Security Operations Intern
HomeAway is looking for bright and talented security minded folks to join our Team. This role will be responsible for supporting the security infrastructure, security operations and incident response functions. The right candidate will be exposed to and interface with various aspects of the company to learn the security tradecraft. The right candidate will have knowledge around IT security, networking, exploits, vulnerability testing (pen testing would be awesome), architecture, scripting, light coding, and breakdancing. This position requires a curious mind with a passion for thinking like a hacker.
What you’ll do:
- Working with various teams in understanding security tooling and operationalizing integrations within the SOC.
- Work on improvements including the development of new tools & automation.
- Working with the incident response team in analyzing real-time threats; interconnecting various security event sources: server logs, network, various security devices, threat feeds, antivirus, malware, vulnerability scanners, net flow, etc.
- Knowledge of and work to establishing risk / threat metrics, scorecards, & health monitoring.
- Participate in project teams providing consultation on security engineering / DevOps initiatives.
- Working with teams in designing and operationalizing all aspects of our security infrastructure, including cloud environments.
- Working with teams in establishing security engineering / operations frameworks for various security technologies.
- Responsible for rolling up your sleeves and getting stuff done. This is a hands-on position.
Who you are:
- Required Skills:
- Sharp scripting skills: Ruby, Python or other scripting language.
- Strong understanding of the security / risk landscape: OSI Layers 2 – 7.
- Understanding of what enterprise grade security technologies are.
- Knowledge of security tooling including automating tasks.
- Understanding of security engineering, system and network security, authentication and security protocols, cryptography, and application security.
- Knowledge of system security vulnerabilities and remediation techniques.
- Knowledge of network and web related protocols.
- Creative, problem-solving approach to projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical capabilities and have a desire to learn new things.
- Experience working with complex, sophisticated environments.
- Resourceful and well organized.
- Willingness to provide feedback in challenging situations.
- We are really looking for passionate security minded individuals who are looking to dive into the deep end of the pool.
- Competitive compensation
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
- Discounted rail and bus passes
- Free drinks and snacks
- Electric adjustable stand up desk
- Casual dress code
This role is part of HomeAway University which starts June 2019 and lasts for 12 weeks. Learn more about our HomeAway University training program here: https://www.homeaway.com/careers/university
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
HomeAway, a world leader in the vacation rental industry, is the place to book beach houses, cabins, and condos with more than two million places to stay in 190 countries. The site makes it easy to find and book the perfect vacation rental for any getaway, often for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. HomeAway is part of the Expedia Group family of brands.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.