IT Service Desk Intern
The IT Helpdesk Intern role is to ensure proper computer operation so that end users can accomplish business tasks. This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting, and actively resolving end user help requests. Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostic and help request tracking tools, as well as require that the individual give in-person, hands-on help at the desktop level.
· Provide local and remote helpdesk support and resolve problems to the end user’s satisfaction
· Modify workstation configurations
· Utilize and maintain the helpdesk tracking software
· Assist with onboarding of new users
· Install, test and configure new workstations, peripheral equipment, and software
· Maintain inventory of all equipment, software and software licenses
· Report issues to the Service Desk for escalation
· Manage Mac/PC setup and deployment for new employees using standard hardware
· Assign users and computers to proper groups in Active Directory
· Upgrade user hardware and software as required
· Create Knowledge Base articles
· Maintain inventory of user systems, software and licenses
Strategy & Planning:
· Evaluate Documented resolutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent future problems
· High school diploma or equivalent, College enrollment preferred
Knowledge & Experience:
· Knowledge of basic computer hardware
· Experience with desktop operating systems, including OSX, Ubuntu, Windows 8 - 10.
· Experience with Google Suite
· Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
· Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening, and questioning skills.
· Strong documentation skills.
· Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues as required.
· Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
· Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
· Highly self-motivated and directed.
· Keen attention to detail.
· Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
· Exceptional customer service orientation.
· Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.