Software Developer Intern
Join us in building and delivering the next-generation of tools & services to developers using the Unity game engine! The Unity Austin team is responsible for the Unity build pipeline subsystems and related workflows, as well as the Unity Cloud Build service. You will be working closely with the core engine, editor, and service teams in architecting new and improved subsystems, features, UI components, and APIs used by millions of developers around the world.
- Collaborate in architecting and implementing Unity engine and editor features and improvements
- Implement cloud service support features in the Unity engine
- Participate in the design of new services, specifically as it relates to subsystems that are appropriate for engine integration
- Basics in Computer Science
- Hands-on programming experience using C++, C#, or Java
Unity believes interns are the future of our company! We are looking for bright, motivated and eager students to join the Unity team for the Summer of 2019. Unity University is a 12-week internship program full of meaningful projects, learning opportunities, mentorship, and even more fun! Through mentoring from fellow colleagues, you will gain tremendous experience in multiple functional areas, setting the stage for an awesome career. Interested? Apply now!
What can I expect during my internship?
- Duration: 12 weeks
- Expected hours: interns can expect to work 40 hours per week
- Mentorship: interns will be matched with managers and mentors to help with career development over the 12 weeks
- Start dates: interns will start in 2 cohorts with either a May or June start based on school schedule
- Perks: Interns will receive competitive pay, housing assistance, commuter benefits, and an awesome work environment
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world’s most widely-used real-time 3D (RT3D) development platform, providing content creators around the world with the tools they need to build rich, interactive 2D, 3D, VR and AR experiences. In fact, apps made with Unity reach 2.7 billion devices worldwide, and were installed more than 24 billion times in the last 12 months.
The global engineering team keeps Unity at the forefront of technology and — working alongside partners like Magic Leap, Google, Facebook, Oculus and Microsoft — ensures optimized support for the latest technology and platforms. Unity is powering the real-time revolution, expanding beyond games and breaking into other industries including automotive, film, architecture, engineering, construction and more.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.