Software Developer Intern at Unity
We are looking for a Software Developer Intern to join a team focused on building and delivering services to developers who use the Unity game engine to create amazing games and content. As a member of our small and collaborative team, you will help build and deploy existing services to the largest game development community in the world. You will also help implement technical solutions that focus on system performance and reliability at the largest scale.
- Help develop, maintain, and improve our existing services
- Ensure scalability and reliability of a complex system through effective code design
- Work with the QA and Development teams to ensure high-quality delivery with unit and integration tests
- Operate within a distributed team and collaborate with colleagues both local and remote
- Solid programming skills in your favorite language, even if it isn’t our own
- Willingness and excitement for learning, and a high degree of initiative
- Some experience developing Web APIs
- A passion for games
- Any experience with Unity or other 3d game engines - even if it was only a weekend project
- Experience with any of our stack (Node.js, MongoDB, GCP, Kubernetes, Angular, React)
- Experience with SQL or NoSQL databases
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world’s most widely-used real-time 3D (RT3D) development platform, providing content creators around the world with the tools they need to build rich, interactive 2D, 3D, VR and AR experiences. In fact, apps made with Unity reach 2.7 billion devices worldwide, and were installed more than 24 billion times in the last 12 months.
The global engineering team keeps Unity at the forefront of technology and — working alongside partners like Magic Leap, Google, Facebook, Oculus and Microsoft — ensures optimized support for the latest technology and platforms. Unity is powering the real-time revolution, expanding beyond games and breaking into other industries including automotive, film, architecture, engineering, construction and more.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.