Software Developer Intern at Unity
At Unity, SDETs enable the teams to create code-based testing solutions. We work as embedded test developers; meaning that we are full, collaborative, members of feature teams. We are responsible for driving the quality culture on our teams as well as helping teams derive solutions for hard-to-test problems.
As an SDET for Unity, you’ll be working to enable developers and testers to do their best possible work by expanding and enabling the teams with testing and automation. This could include a variety of testing activities, in addition to updating or creating new frameworks, and developing tools that can help team members understand and gain quality footholds in the ever-changing world of software microservices Unity has implemented. We believe testing is a craft requiring training and skill. We invest in our employees. Our employees love to learn, and challenge themselves, and challenge each other to grow. We encourage collaboration, leadership, and mentorship.
- Collaborate with local team members as well as those distributed in other cities and countries
- Improve and develop testing processes for a continuous integration and deployment environment
- Support various teams on a day-to-day basis, helping to improve quality, recognize risks, and look for opportunities to improve test coverage
- Implement tools and processes for scalable testing solutions
- Mentor other team members on all kinds of testing techniques
- Experience in software development, DevOps, and/or automation as well as setting up test infrastructure in cloud environments (AWS/GCP)
- Experience with mobile development and testing
- Experience using docker, docker-compose and kubernetes
- Experience in various test automation frameworks like testng, pytest, junit etc and extending the frameworks for the feature testing as well as system level, end-to-end, load, performance and integration testing
- Experience and advance knowledge in using CI process and any CI tools (Jenkins, Travis or similar)
- Leadership and mentoring skills
- Familiarity with game development engines or any game development experience. A bonus if it’s mobile related
- Experience with pair development/testing, or mob development/testing
- Public Speaking and/or blog(s) about relevant topics
- Experience with or interest in diversity and inclusion
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world’s leading real-time 3D development platform, giving users the most powerful and accessible tools to create, operate, and monetize experiences for the real-time world. Unity empowers anyone, regardless of skill level and industry, to create 3D visual content using world-class technology, operate using resources that maximize ease-of-use, and monetize, so that they can find success with their creations. The company’s 1,000 person development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners such as Google, Facebook, Oculus, Autodesk, and Microsoft to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Made with Unity experiences reach nearly 3 billion devices worldwide and have been installed more than 34 billion times in the last 12 months. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.