Software Engineer-Data Science PHD (Intern)-United States Duo Security at Duo Security
At Duo, our mission is to democratize security. Our team uses data to help make cutting-edge information security available to everyone. Do you want to help?
As a data science intern at Duo, you will work as an embedded member of the Data Science team to solve some of the most challenging problems in today’s security industry. The project you work on will depend on your skillset and interests, but will cover the lifecycle of data science work from problem formulation to solution. You may focus on developing and evaluating algorithms for anomaly detection, driving business decisions though user behavior models, building infrastructure for running and monitoring data pipelines, or estimating the effectiveness of product features from feedback and usage.
We are committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion and connectedness. We are able to grow and learn better together with a diverse team of employees. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, and talent that our employees invest in their work represents not only part of our culture, but our reputation and Duo’s achievement as well. In recruiting for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that all candidates can bring in terms of their education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs.
If this role is exciting you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet all 100% of the description or qualifications. Finally and most importantly, we are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer.
Skills you have:
● Current graduate enrollment in a modeling or data focused field (machine learning, statistics, computer science, empirical sciences, etc).
● Experience in curating, analyzing, and extracting meaning from data.
● Working knowledge of one or more data analysis environments (Python/Pandas/sklearn, R, etc.). Experience with Python is a plus.
● Interest in solving problems in the security domain, and in finding good solutions to real-world problems while being flexible in the data science tools or approaches used.
● A penchant for working collaboratively in a fast-paced environment and in the presence of uncertainty.
3 reasons why you should apply:
● You want to identify and solve real problems through data analysis and modeling.
● You are eager to learn about the ins and outs of data science practice at a dynamic organization.
● You love collaborating with, guiding, and learning from data scientists with diverse backgrounds and skillsets.
● This role will be based out of our Austin, Texas office
● Program dates are flexible based on academic schedule
● Roles are full time and 40 hours per week, Monday - Friday
● Generous pay and employee perks