Software Engineer Intern (Summer 2019)
Schoology, one of the fastest growing education technology companies, is putting collaboration at the heart of the learning experience with an easy-to-use learning management system (LMS). We connect people, content and systems to improve education outcomes. Students, families, faculty and administrators from educational institutions worldwide use Schoology to advance what is possible in education.
Working at Schoology offers you a chance to help solve the most important challenges in education in an environment that’s fun, collaborative and innovative. We are looking for smart, creative individuals who are passionate about education and aren't afraid to show it. Further, we are a building a diverse culture trusting employees to ask questions and work with a team that measures productivity by work delivered, not hours in the office.
What you’ll do:
As a Software Engineering Intern, you’ll be embedded with one of our existing software teams helping continue building the leading LMS software in this industry, Schoology! With several specific projects ongoing at any given time, you might go to sizing meetings, attending standups, coding, automating, or contributing to retrospectives. Each day you will experience a day in the life of a software engineer.
What can you expect working at Schoology?
Our software engineering practices promote the culture of continuous integration, continuous delivery, and continuous improvement. The right candidate is ready for this challenge and eager to apply sound software engineering practices to the Schoology web application. Furthermore, you should be ready to learn and dive into technology with which you may not be comfortable, or even familiar. But don't fret! We will pair you with other developers and offer you the necessary training.
- Collaborate with Product Management, Design, and Operations teams to create and deliver features that benefit our users.
- Work with QA to ensure code you develop is properly automated.
- Be paired with someone on your projects to ensure you are making forward progress and getting the most out of the work in front of you.
To apply you should be:
- Ready to code on a team, this can mean you:
- Are enrolled in a Computer Science Program (Bachelors, Masters or PhD).
- Have completed a well-respected, established programming boot camp.
- Able to commute to our downtown Austin, TX based office.
- Experienced with an object oriented language.
- Experienced working on a team-based project.
You should know:
- This is a paid position.
- You’ll have flexibility afforded by our focus on embracing a remote culture.
- You will receive a final review based on our engineering rubric/career ladder to understand if you are ready for a full-time position at Schoology.
- You will have access to training.
- You will be given a laptop and access to the amenities any full-time employee would have.
All team members at Schoology are expected to embody our core values which are Passion, Collaboration, Innovation, Curiosity and Integrity.
Our mission is to continuously advance what is possible in education. You in?
Schoology is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity of every kind.