Back to Career Site
Our Mission is to Make Healthcare Right. Together. Built upon the belief that by connecting and aligning the best local resources in healthcare delivery with the financing of care, we can deliver a superior consumer experience, lower costs, and optimized clinical outcomes.
What drives our mission? The company values we live and breathe every day. We keep it simple: Be Brave. Be Brilliant. Be Accountable. Be Inclusive. Be Collaborative.
If you share our passion for changing healthcare so all people can live healthy, brighter lives – apply to join our team.
Bright Health is seeking a Software Engineering Intern to join our Data Platform Team. As part of the team, you’ll deliver innovative solutions to real business challenges, gaining experience across the entire software development lifecycle (planning, coding, and testing industry-leading solutions that are set to revolutionize the healthcare market).
WHO YOU ARE
Though a background and a solid understanding of basic software is a must, we encourage software engineering-focused students of all levels to apply. Some key things that should describe you:
- Interest in working with a group of collaborative and cross-functional software engineers;
- Experience with software development using modern programming languages, including one of Java, C#, Scala, Python.
- Experience of data and big data technology and frameworks a plus (Apache Spark, Hive, SQL, Pandas, relational databases, document databases);
- Understanding of computational complexity associated with scale, as well as data structures, algorithms and heuristics used to tackle these problems
- Exposure to distributed version control systems (Git preferred, Mercurial);
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies (SCRUM) is a plus.
MORE ABOUT US AND THE INTERNSHIP
Bright Health is a consumer-focused health insurance and technology company. Healthcare can be complicated and confusing, and we aim to change all that. We focus on handling the complicated stuff so our clients can think about getting and staying healthy.
Our 10-week summer internship program — May 31, 2022 through August 12, 2022 offers you the chance to discover what it’s like to work at a mission-driven growth company and leading healthcare organization.
We understand patient pain points, eliminating complexity while increasing transparency, for greater access and easier navigation.
We integrate and align individual incentives at all levels, from financing to optimization to delivery of care.