Software Engineering Intern
Founded in Austin, Texas by well-known serial entrepreneur Jason Cohen (@asmartbear), WP Engine has maintained its scrappy startup roots while experiencing explosive growth. This growth provides many opportunities for engineers at WP Engine to solve hard problems at scale, yet we are still small enough for your contributions to have a noticeable impact on the company's future.
We are searching for software engineering interns to join our rapidly expanding R&D team and help us enhance the managed cloud platform that enable our customers to build amazing digital experiences. Our internship offers an opportunity to collaborate in an Agile team environment to make significant engineering contributions to meaningful projects. You will further develop your technical skills while collaborating with talented engineers. We hire for talent and potential, we want smart people to help invent the future of web hosting.
We see our culture as a competitive advantage and believe that it is important to hire the best and ensure that we provide an environment where the best get better. If you are smart, great at solving problems, a hard worker, and an outstanding teammate, you may be the engineer that we are looking for.
The Day to Day
- Write, test, integrate, debug, and troubleshoot software applications that are resilient, robust, and perform at scale
- Deliver business value incrementally and iteratively
- Improve automated test coverage and build deployment pipelines to safely and rapidly push new code to production.
- Be a great teammate to the other members of your Agile Scrum team
Your Expertise and Passion
- Currently pursuing a Computer Science or related degree
- Experience writing web applications (in any language)
- Natural problem solving abilities, an inquisitive personality, and an eagerness to tackle new challenges
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Passionate about working alongside a team to determine what solution best fits the customer's needs
- Excited by the flexibility and dynamic nature of a fast paced environment
The Perks & Benefits
- This role is a paid, full-time assignment (40 hours/week) for Summer 2020
- Lunch (Provided Monday – Thursday)
- Transportation (24x7 Downtown parking or commuter reimbursement)
- Internship is subject to extension into the Fall semester based on performance
- Housing Stipend available