Software Engineering Intern at Q2
Q2 is looking for talented individuals with exceptional technical curiosity and is enthusiastic about solving problems.
The Summer Internship Program is 12-weeks long (May 24th - August 12th) and all positions are paid hourly with an average work week of 40 hours. In addition to your daily work, you will be given the opportunity for weekly classroom trainings with Sr. Leadership, activities with other Q2 interns and the opportunity to present to the Executive Leadership team at the end of the program. This position will be an in-office role. Due to this being an in-office role, it is preferred the intern is located in Austin, TX or surrounding areas.
As a Software Engineering Intern, you will learn about the ins and outs of development in a team setting. As part of our Engineering Development group based in Austin, TX, you will be working individually and collaboratively to develop, implement, and support custom solutions through fast-paced, dynamic projects.
- Design, implement, integrate, and test software solutions of moderate complexity comprised of Windows- and Linux-based front-end and back-end components that interact with end users and integrate with internal and external services.
- Work individually and collaboratively to deliver solutions in live production systems.
- Support, maintain, and resolve problems for features in live production systems.
- Responsible for ensuring that all security, availability, confidentiality and privacy policies and controls are adhered to.
- Assist teammates to provide technical leadership and evangelize best practices.
Major: Any STEM major. Other applicants that fit requirements are welcome to apply.
Class: College Junior, Senior
Graduation Date: May 2023 (rising senior) or May 2024 (rising junior)
- Passion for applying good design principals while exercising pragmatism to keep deadlines
- Experience in some aspects of the software development life cycle
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective communication skills
- Experience contributing in an Agile development environment
- Good interpersonal skills
- Understanding of and experience with object oriented programming. Ex, C++, C#, Python.
- Understanding of and experience with relational database languages. Ex. SQL, Postgres.
At Q2, our goal is to be a diverse and inclusive workforce that fosters mutual respect for our employees and the communities we serve. Q2 is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.