Special Events Intern
SPECIAL EVENTS INTERN- HOME OFFICE- KENDRA SCOTT
About Kendra Scott:
We are a fun, talented and driven team dedicated to providing our customers with gorgeous products and a WOW! experience. Family, fashion and philanthropy are at the core of our company and though we move at a very fast pace, we are committed to maintaining a family-oriented work environment and giving back to our community. A passion for great design, dedication to innovation and a strong social media presence are our building blocks for creating a unique and engaging lifestyle brand across all channels, including retail stores, wholesale accounts and e-commerce. Our headquarters are located in the heart of Austin, Texas, and we embrace the unique vibe and energy of our hometown as an inspiration for our brand and company culture.
The Kendra Scott Summer Internship Program offers students an opportunity to gain exposure to the inner workings of our fast-growing, multi-category, fashion lifestyle brand. We value all of our interns and commit to providing a comprehensive learning experience that aligns with individual interests and career goals.
• 10-week, paid experience in Austin, TX
• Relocation assistance is not provided
• Resume and Cover Letter are required and must be submitted at the time of your application in order to be considered
• Applicants should apply for the internship they are most interested in pursuing. Applicants that apply for multiple opportunities will not be considered
• Sponsorship assistance is not provided at this time
• The deadline for internship applications is December 15, 2018 at 11:59 pm PST
• Candidates will be informed of their status throughout our process, with final offers being extended by February 28, 2019
What You Will Learn:
• Real world knowledge of working cross-functionally in a fast growing, multi-channel business that values customers, employees and giving back
• Sharpen your strengths through on the job training and learn new skills in the many departments that support a growing organization
• Hands on strategizing and planning
• Participation in regular staff meetings and events
We have an exciting career opportunity to support all marketing events, seasonal launches, pop-ups, brand partnership events and other activations that further help speak to the brand and promote brand awareness in our focus markets for the summer. Reporting to our Special Events Lead, our Special Events Intern will represent the brand and work hand in hand with the Special Events team to bring a variety of events from idea to execution. This role combines the need for a positive attitude in an ever-changing environment, event planning experience, and exceptional communication skills to ensure efficient production and successful events.
• Act as support on all events big or small. This will require a highly organized, detail oriented person who enjoys getting their hands dirty, keeping organized and hitting deadlines
• Work with Special Events Lead for department budget data entry and allocation
• Requesting/sourcing and shipping/tracking event décor and gifting
• Updating project docs, budgets, production schedules, and recaps
• Capturing event content for social and recaps
• Organizing and keeping track of event supplies, gifting, décor, swag, etc.
• Draft design concepts and create event visual decks using competitive event research
• Sourcing venues, décor, furniture, catering, vendors, etc.
• Hiring and managing movers before and after events
• Put together a timeline of key “Happenings” in all strategic markets
• Event Execution – Setup and breakdown
• Collaborate with Special Events Lead to ensure that all events produced maintain the look and feel of a “Kendra Scott Event” to provide a consistent aesthetic throughout the company.
• Work cross functionally with internal departments; such as the philanthropy team, field marketing, and college brand ambassador program.
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have:
• The ability to work 40 hours per week (Monday through Friday, 9:00 am – 6:00 pm)
• Availability to work May 20- July 26, 2019. Consideration will be given for special life events with the exception of Internship Orientation (Monday, May 20th)
o Memorial Day & Fourth of July will be observed as company holidays
• Understanding of and ability to work a flexible schedule to accommodate work events
• A car – drive to pick up and drop off last minute event needs
• Interest and knowledge of event production and design
• Positive attitude and willingness to execute any large or small task
• Must feel comfortable speaking to and representing the brand at customer facing events
• The ability to demonstrate strong leadership among peers and across the organization
• A high level of accountability, reliability and initiative
• A proven ability to execute with consistent delivery
• Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• A strong ability to build relationship with co-workers and keep others informed
• A growth mindset: desire to learn, grow and embrace new ideas
• A shared appreciation for our 3 core values of Family, Fashion and Philanthropy