About the role
We are looking for a self-directed and self-motivated intern who can communicate with effectiveness and empathy, whether with an audience of developers, startup founders, or investors. Candidates should have experience working at an early stage startup, founding a startup, or experience working with developers, startup founders or a university entrepreneurship program.
About the project
The #BuiltForThis Challenge is a startup pitch contest with prizes: a cash prize for the top winner, marketing lift for finalists, and Cloudflare credits for all semifinalists. The work includes coordinating a promotion campaign to drive applicants, working with startup founders, internal and external judges (other Cloudflare teams and venture capitalists), the Cloudflare TV production team, and others.
About the department
Cloudflare’s Developer Relations team is embedded within the Marketing team to improve the developer awareness and adoption of Cloudflare’s products and developer platform. The Dev Relations team helps developers in the community solve real technical problems and shine a spotlight on their work.
- Coordinate and produce the Cloudflare Startup Challenge
- Coordinate internal and external judges in the selection process for semifinalists and finalists
- Promote the Startup Challenge across partner channels and external publications
- Write copy and content for a developer audience that is relevant and engaging
- Use metrics to track success of the project and regularly report on progress or areas of opportunity
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- Excellent verbal communication, public speaking skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to coordinate across multiple departments
- Entrepreneurial experience / strong founder empathy / walked a mile in founder shoes
- Technical writing experience, programming experience, or conversational fluency in areas of technology behind Cloudflare’s features for developers
- Problem-solving and project management skills. Experience executing strategic and operational initiatives.
- Self-directed and self-motivated; excellent communicator and collaborator
- Ability to commit to a 12 week internship.