Strategy & Corporate Development Intern at WP Engine
Since launching in 2010, WP Engine has become the world's leading WordPress Digital Experience Platform (DXP), now with over 100,000 customers in 140 countries. We're proud of the technology and service we offer our customers that move their businesses forward faster. At WP Engine, we strive to do the best work of our careers and feel empowered to do what is right for our customers.
We are seeking a strategy & corporate development intern to join our Corporate Development and Alliances team. Your work will focus on expanding WP Engine's growth through new strategic alliances and corporate investments. In this role, you will conduct market research for target, complete in-depth analysis of potential M&A targets and draft presentations for our executive leadership team.What's Cool About This Job:
This role will focus on creating and vetting business cases for potential acquisition and alliance opportunities. Our intern will then work with our corporate development & alliance team to synthesize this research into broader strategy recommendations. We are looking for a business, or economics student (Masters degree preferred) who is able to work part-time (approx. 15 hours per week). This is a paid position, but we are open to the internship counting for academic credit.Your Expertise and Passion:
- Currently pursuing a degree in Business Management, or Economics (Masters degree preferred)
- Passionate about technology and better understanding trends in the market
- Strong analytical and research skills; excel and powerpoint (alternatively Google Slides) experience is a must
- Ability to understand complex concepts and distill them into simple terms
- Solid project management skills and the ability to manage and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Go-getter personality who thrives in a fast paced but fun environment
At WP Engine, we strive to have the broadest possible view of diversity, going beyond visible differences to include the background, experiences, skills, and perspectives that make each person unique. WP Engine is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.