Summer 2022 - Electrical Engineering Internship, Digital Signal Processing at CesiumAstro (Austin, TX)
Please Note: US citizenship or permanent residency is required for this position.
CesiumAstro is a rapidly growing space technology startup in Austin, Texas, developing out-of-the-box communication systems for satellites, UAVs, launch vehicles, and other space and airborne platforms. Our approach is unique, and our team is changing the world of space communications. Learn more about our company at https://www.cesiumastro.com.
The Cesium DSP team is looking for Summer 2022 interns to design and implement digital signal processing blocks for satellite communication systems.
DSP interns will work closely with Cesium engineers on product development, algorithm design, simulation, implementation, and test of signal processing systems for space communications. Specific areas of focus can include modems, digital filters, error correction, and/or FPGA optimization. Assignments will be determined by a mix of project availability and the interests of the successful candidates.
Cesium interns regularly present their work to peers, mentors, and Cesium executive leadership throughout the course of the summer. As such, excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
To apply, please include a cover letter describing your interest in DSP engineering and either space systems or communication systems, as well as your status as a US citizen or permanent resident.
CesiumAstro is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
All Cesium internships are compensated competitively and located at our facility in Austin, Texas.
Successful candidates will require, as a minimum:
- Current enrollment in a Bachelor of Science (BS), Master of Science (MS), or PhD program in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering from an accredited university.
- Advanced coursework in digital signal processing.
- Experience with Matlab and Simulink or Python.
- Hands-on experience with lab instruments such as oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, electronic loads, and signal generators.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Preferred experience includes:
- Advanced coursework in communication systems.
- Implementing DSP on FPGAs.
- Familiarity with communications algorithms.