Summer 2022 - Embedded Software Engineering Internship at CesiumAstro
Please Note: US citizenship or permanent residency is required for this position.
CesiumAstro is a rapidly growing space technology startup in Austin, Texas, developing out-of-the-box communication systems for satellites, UAVs, launch vehicles, and other space and airborne platforms. Our approach is unique, and our team is changing the world of space communications. Learn more about our company at https://www.cesiumastro.com.
The Cesium hardware team is looking for Summer 2022 interns to design embedded software for satellite communication systems.
Embedded software development interns will work closely with Cesium engineers on low-level and high-level software in Cesium’s space electronics products. Areas of focus will include microcontroller programming, low-level drivers, board support packages (BSP), end-use applications, and user interfaces. Assignments will be determined by a mix of project availability and the interests of the successful candidates.
Cesium interns regularly present their work to peers, mentors, and Cesium executive leadership throughout the course of the summer. As such, excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
To apply, please include a cover letter describing your interest in embedded software and either space systems or communication systems, as well as your status as a US citizen or permanent resident.
CesiumAstro is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
All Cesium internships are compensated competitively and located at our facility in Austin, Texas.
Successful candidates will require, as a minimum:
- Current enrollment in a Bachelor of Science (BS), Master of Science (MS), or PhD program in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering from an accredited university.
- Advanced coursework in embedded systems.
- Programming experience in C or C++.
- Familiarity with software configuration management tools, defect tracking tools, and peer review.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Preferred experience includes:
- Embedded systems design using real-time Linux.
- Understanding of multi-threaded applications and resource management.
- Experience in embedded systems design with preemptive, multitasking real-time operating systems.
- Knowledge of real-time system coding techniques, IP protocols, interfaces, and hardware subsystems.
- Experience with products for military, aerospace, or automotive applications.
- Ability to read electronics schematics and component data sheets.