Summer Legal Intern at BigCommerce
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce, named a "Best Place to Work" in Austin in 2019, is looking for a Legal Intern to join our lean, top-notch Legal team in our Austin Four Points (Headquarters) office. As a key member of the team, you will work closely with our in-house attorneys to provide support and guidance on legal initiatives. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication and organization skills, be able to work at a fast pace and have strong attention to detail. This role is ideal for a candidate that is in Undergraduate or Pre Law and is interested in getting their feet wet in pursuit of a legal career.What You’ll Do
- Assist with developing and maintaining repositories of legal responses and creating legal resources for use/reference by applicable teams within the organization
- Draft routine letters and other legal correspondence
- Assist with developing best practice policies, playbooks and automation across various contract lifecycles
- Support BigCommerce’s contracting process by tracking authorizations and correspondence
- Monitor and maintain data quality within BigCommerce’s contract management system
- Handle miscellaneous administrative tasks including managing contract files and templates for the Legal team, locating agreements, uploading and organizing fully executed copies of legal documents, etc.
- Assist attorneys and other teams with ad hoc research and projects as necessary
- Strong interest in the legal field and/or in pursuit of a career in legal
- Fast learner with strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a high attention to detail
- Comfortable working with Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and Google Apps (Gmail, Calendar, Docs, Sheets, etc.)
- Familiarity with DocuSign is a plus, but not required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to think ahead and anticipate issues before they arise
- Takes ownership of work and sees projects through to completion
- Ability to work in a confidential manner due to access to information of a sensitive nature
- Excellent time management, organizational and prioritization skills. Works efficiently and can be flexible and switch gears quickly if projects need to be set aside for high priority escalations and urgent matters
- Team player
- Capable of working independently and seeking assistance when needed
- Maintains a positive attitude and good sense of humor even while working under pressure
Diversity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.
Current BigCommerce Employees: Please use the internal job board to apply for openings