Supply Chain Intern
About Kendra Scott:
We are a fun, talented and driven team dedicated to providing our customers with gorgeous products and a WOW! experience. Family, fashion and philanthropy are at the core of our company and though we move at a very fast pace, we are committed to maintaining a family-oriented work environment and giving back to our community. A passion for great design, dedication to innovation and a strong social media presence are our building blocks for creating a unique and engaging lifestyle brand across all channels, including retail stores, wholesale accounts and e-commerce. Our headquarters are located in the heart of Austin, Texas, and we embrace the unique vibe and energy of our hometown as an inspiration for our brand and company culture.
The Kendra Scott Summer Internship Program offers students an opportunity to gain exposure to the inner workings of our fast-growing, multi-category, fashion lifestyle brand. We value all of our interns and commit to providing a comprehensive learning experience that aligns with individual interests and career goals.
• 10-week, paid experience in Austin, TX
• Relocation assistance is not provided
• Applicants should apply for the internship they are most interested in pursuing. Applicants that apply for multiple opportunities will not be considered.
• Sponsorship assistance is not provided at this time
• The deadline for internship applications is December 15, 2019 at 11:59 pm PST
• Candidates will be informed of their status throughout our process, with final offers being extended by February 28, 2020
What You Will Learn:
• Real world knowledge of working cross-functionally in a fast growing, multi-channel business that values customers, employees and giving back.
• Sharpen your strengths through on the job training and learn new skills in the many departments that support a growing organization.
• Hands on strategizing and planning.
• Participation in regular staff meetings and events.
The Supply Chain Operations Intern will report to the Supply Chain Analyst to positively represent the brand while creating cross functional partnerships as an interim member of the Supply Chain team. The primary responsibility of the Supply Chain Operations Intern is to aid in the development and maintenance of the reporting structure for the Distributions Center’s metrics and KPI’s. The Supply Chain Operations Intern will also help support applications testing using such systems as the warehouse management system and order management system. Additionally, they will communicate regularly with business partners to identify potential improvement areas and provide solutions and recommendations while sometimes assisting in the improvement process itself.
• Provide analytics support to KS Supply Chain partners to include Inventory Management, Transportation, Warehouse Operations and Finance.
• Work with Functional and Departmental Leaders to increase efficiency utilizing data backed recommendations.
• Provide optimization and scenario analysis on topics including inbound, outbound, inventory, storage, and labor planning.
• Identify and organize the efforts for enhancement projects throughout the DC.
• Work with IT partners to develop efficient manners of data extraction and manipulation.
• Provide ad-hoc reports upon request to management or to best support operational direction.
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have:
• The ability to work 40 hours per week (Monday through Friday, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm)
• Availability to work May 26th- July 31st, 2020. Consideration will be given for special life events with the exception of Internship Orientation (Tuesday, May 26th)
o Fourth of July will be observed as a company holiday
• The ability to demonstrate strong leadership among peers and across the organization
• A high level of accountability, reliability and initiative
• A proven ability to execute with consistent delivery
• Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• A strong ability to build relationship with co-workers and keep others informed
• A growth mindset: desire to learn, grow and embrace new ideas
• A shared appreciation for our 3 core values of Family, Fashion and Philanthropy