UX Design Intern at Q2
Q2 is looking for talented individuals with exceptional technical curiosity and is enthusiastic about solving problems.
The Summer Internship Program is 12-weeks long (May 24th - August 12th) and all positions are paid hourly with an average work week of 40 hours. In addition to your daily work, you will be given the opportunity for weekly classroom trainings with Sr. Leadership, activities with other Q2 interns and the opportunity to present to the Executive Leadership team at the end of the program. This position will be an remote role.
As a UX Design Intern you will:
- Receive real-world, hands-on experience with software design projects that support our financial institutions.
- Support other designers with research efforts, design prototyping, and documenting user experience design work.
- Learn from a collaborative team of seasoned User Experience Designers and gain exposure to other teams within our software company, including User Research, Product Management and Development.
- Connect with our customers to better understand user needs.
- Learn industry design and prototyping tools like Axure and Sketch.
- Have multiple opportunities to practice their presentation skills
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Assisting other designers in producing UX deliverables including site maps, concept maps, process flows, wireframes, basic prototypes, and UI designs
- Participating in user research, including user interviews, user testing, surveys and contextual inquiries; work with other designers to produce professional research reports
- Documenting and applying established UI patterns to prototypes and mockups to ensure consistency across products
- Effectively collaborating with other designers and project team members
- Delivering presentations of ideas and concepts to small project teams
- Ensuring that all security, availability, confidentiality and privacy policies and controls are adhered to.
Major: Graphic Design, Information Architecture, HCI or related field
Class: Undergraduate or Graduate Student
Graduation Date: May 2023 (rising senior) May 2024 (rising junior)
- Good written and verbal communication
- Excellent Microsoft products (excel, word, PPT) a must.
- Familiar with Adobe Creative Suite, prototyping and wireframing software (such as Axure and Sketch)
- Familiar with information architecture tools and techniques including site maps, concept maps and process flows
- Some knowledge of best practices in usability
- Attention to detail and an aesthetic sensibility
- Clear written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to collaborate well with teammates in multiple roles
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Experience with HTML and CSS a plus
At Q2, our goal is to be a diverse and inclusive workforce that fosters mutual respect for our employees and the communities we serve. Q2 is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.