UX Designer Intern
UX Designers at SailPoint are critical to the success of the business as they are responsible for contributing to SailPoint’s design vision and executing innovative user experience designs for SailPoint's market-leading SaaS product line - IdentityNow. As a UX Design Intern, you will have the opportunity to identify and evangelize our users' needs with a laser focus, rapidly prototype design direction into delightful experiences and work closely with our development team to see your ideas come to life.
SailPoint Design is SailPoint’s in-house design team that collaborates directly with executives, product managers and engineering leadership to bring great products to life. The SailPoint Design Team values our interns for their strong design sensibility and promotes their professional development during the term. We are co-located and work together in person every day to make the best products possible. This position is in Austin, Texas located at our main offices nestled in beautiful hill country.
- Work as a SailPoint Design team member to comprehensively create and utilize brand deliverables such as identity, logo-marks / logotypes, iconography, color palettes, patterns, and product design elements when needed.
- Collaborate in cross-functional teams, including stakeholders from Design, Product Management and Engineering, to quickly visualize and prototype ideas to communicate concepts
- Design and specify information architecture, microinteractions, and user interfaces using participatory and iterative design techniques, including observational studies, customer interviews, usability testing, competitive audits, market research, and other forms of requirements discovery
- Actively participate in peer design critiques to give and receive feedback fostering a healthy culture of design
- Currently enrolled in, or graduate of a relevant user experience design/HCI program (either graduate or undergraduate)
- Core interaction design principles and skills including concept sketching, creating interaction models, wireframing, developing information architecture, and flow mapping
- Knowledge of user-centered design processes and methodologies
- Understanding opportunities and constraints of multiple platforms (web, smartphone, tablets)
- Experience using software design tools such as Sketch, Photoshop, XD and Illustrator or similar
- Team player, comfortable with a rapid iteration process and working within a small fast paced team
- Experience working in an agile development environment a plus
- Must be able to share work samples - online portfolio preferred
For an application to be considered, please submit the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- Portfolio (at least 3 pieces of work)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.