UX Intern at WP Engine
Since launching in 2010, WP Engine has become the world's leading WordPress Digital Experience Platform (DXP), now with over 100,000 customers in 140 countries. We're proud of the technology and service we offer our customers that move their businesses forward faster. At WP Engine, we strive to do the best work of our careers, and feel empowered to do what is right for our customers. We love investing in employee success and uncovering opportunities for you, the best, to get better. 99 percent of employees believe you're made to feel welcome at WP Engine. Be you. Be here.
In this role, you'll work in partnership with UX and Product on a few different scrum teams as we improve and evolve our primary product. While you'll focus on research you'll also explore and produce some design artifacts. The right person is naturally curious and inquisitive and has a solid knowledge of user centered design practices. If you are great at solving problems, a hard worker, and an outstanding teammate, you may be the User Experience intern that we are looking for.The Day to Day
- Work closely with your UX and Product partners to identify customer problems and develop solutions
- Conduct moderated and unmoderated research including usability testing, concept testing, interviews, surveys, card sorts, and heuristic evaluations
- Work with designers to produce clickable prototypes and other visual artifacts to be tested
- Participate in ideation and feedback sessions
- Identify and recruit research participants and help build a participant panel
- Help develop and maintain our research repository
- Student of UX Research, Human Factors, Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive or Experimental Psychology, Cognitive Science, Information Architecture, or a related field
- Eager to learn, collaborative, and receptive to feedback
- Natural problem solving abilities, an inquisitive personality, and an eagerness to tackle new challenges
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Enthusiastic about working alongside a team to figure out which solution best fits the customer's needs
- Excited by the flexibility and dynamic nature of a fast paced environment
- This role is a paid, full-time assignment (40 hours/week) for Summer 2020
- Lunch (Provided Monday – Thursday)
- Transportation (24x7 Downtown parking or commuter reimbursement)
- Internship is subject to extension into the Fall semester based on performance
- Housing Stipend available.
At WP Engine, we strive to have the broadest possible view of diversity, going beyond visible differences to include the background, experiences, skills, and perspectives that make each person unique. WP Engine is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.