Visual Merchandising Intern
About Kendra Scott:
We are a fun, talented and driven team dedicated to providing our customers with gorgeous products and a WOW! experience. Family, fashion and philanthropy are at the core of our company and though we move at a very fast pace, we are committed to maintaining a family-oriented work environment and giving back to our community. A passion for great design, dedication to innovation and a strong social media presence are our building blocks for creating a unique and engaging lifestyle brand across all channels, including retail stores, wholesale accounts and e-commerce. Our headquarters are located in the heart of Austin, Texas, and we embrace the unique vibe and energy of our hometown as an inspiration for our brand and company culture.
The Kendra Scott Summer Internship Program offers students an opportunity to gain exposure to the inner workings of our fast-growing, multi-category, fashion lifestyle brand. We value all of our interns and commit to providing a comprehensive learning experience that aligns with individual interests and career goals.
• 10-week, paid experience in Austin, TX
• Relocation assistance is not provided
• Applicants should apply for the internship they are most interested in pursuing. Applicants that apply for multiple opportunities will not be considered.
• Sponsorship assistance is not provided at this time
• The deadline for internship applications is December 15, 2019 at 11:59 pm PST
• Candidates will be informed of their status throughout our process, with final offers being extended by February 28, 2020
What You Will Learn:
• Real world knowledge of working cross-functionally in a fast growing, multi-channel business that values customers, employees and giving back.
• Sharpen your strengths through on the job training and learn new skills in the many departments that support a growing organization.
• Hands on strategizing and planning.
• Participation in regular staff meetings and events.
The Visual Merchandising Intern will report to the Visual Merchandising Specialist and positively represent the brand while creating cross functional partnerships as an interim member of the Visual Merchandising team. The primary responsibility of the Visual Merchandising Intern is to aid in the creation of visual merchandising presentations in the mock store and support the Visual Merchandising team with special projects, resulting in an aesthetically beautiful and cohesive fleet of Kendra Scott stores!
• Support the Visual Merchandising team in the creation of presentations for product launches and releases in the mock store.
• Assist in providing weekly visual communication to store teams through directives; including marketing, merchandising, and training information.
• Conduct research on current and future trends in visual merchandising and marketing displays relative to the competition to share with team members for further ideation and implementation.
• Support retail stores in visual execution through communication to the field through communication with District Visual Captains. Provide insights and feedback through conference calls and via e-mails.
• Support in updating the visual training manuals and create “how-to’s” to support the field in visual execution.
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have:
• The ability to work 40 hours per week (Monday through Friday, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm)
• Availability to work May 26th- July 31st, 2020. Consideration will be given for special life events with the exception of Internship Orientation (Tuesday, May 26th)
o Fourth of July will be observed as a company holiday
• Experience with Adobe Creative Suite
• The ability to demonstrate strong leadership among peers and across the organization
• A high level of accountability, reliability and initiative
• A proven ability to execute with consistent delivery
• Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• A strong ability to build relationship with co-workers and keep others informed
• A growth mindset: desire to learn, grow and embrace new ideas
• A shared appreciation for our 3 core values of Family, Fashion and Philanthropy