About Kendra Scott:
We are a fun, talented and driven team dedicated to providing our customers with gorgeous products and a WOW! experience. Family, fashion and philanthropy are at the core of our company and though we move at a very fast pace, we are committed to maintaining a family-oriented work environment and giving back to our community. A passion for great design, dedication to innovation and a strong social media presence are our building blocks for creating a unique and engaging lifestyle brand across all channels, including retail stores, wholesale accounts and e-commerce. Our headquarters are located in the heart of Austin, Texas, and we embrace the unique vibe and energy of our hometown as an inspiration for our brand and company culture.
The Kendra Scott Summer Internship Program offers students an opportunity to gain exposure to the inner workings of our fast-growing, multi-category, fashion lifestyle brand. We value all of our interns and commit to providing a comprehensive learning experience that aligns with individual interests and career goals.
• 10-week, paid experience in Austin, TX
• Relocation assistance is not provided
• Applicants should apply for the internship they are most interested in pursuing. Applicants that apply for multiple opportunities will not be considered.
• Sponsorship assistance is not provided at this time
• The deadline for internship applications is December 15, 2019 at 11:59 pm PST
• Candidates will be informed of their status throughout our process, with final offers being extended by February 28, 2020
What You Will Learn:
• Real world knowledge of working cross-functionally in a fast growing, multi-channel business that values customers, employees and giving back.
• Sharpen your strengths through on the job training and learn new skills in the many departments that support a growing organization.
• Hands on strategizing and planning.
• Participation in regular staff meetings and events.
The Specialty Wholesale Intern will report to the Wholesale Operations Lead and positively represent the brand while cultivating relationships with accounts and cross functional partnerships. The primary responsibility of the Specialty Wholesale Intern is to aid in account maintenance, Spring 2020 markets and marketing strategies that will help us achieve revenue targets.
Account Maintenance & Communication:
o Manage Sales Log and work with cross-functional teams to resolve discrepancies
o Communicate outstanding balances to accounts and work with internal partners to ensure timely resolution
o Submit shipment discrepancies for accounts and Account Executives as requested
o Send invoices and order information to accounts as requested
o Ship samples to accounts and Account Executives as requested
o Delete outstanding backorders on a monthly basis
Prospecting Research & Support:
o Review incoming inquiries and filter to the appropriate Account Executive
o Evaluate current business by territory and identify areas of opportunity. Once identified, research potential partners and collect buyer information
o Manage account Add/Remove document and work with internal partners to ensure timely system and website updates
o Prepare and ship samples and marketing materials to Spring 2020 markets
o Organize samples once returned from market and submit reorders with our distribution center as needed
o Assist Account Executives with order submission post market
o Attend weekly meetings with Marketing partners to discuss upcoming initiatives
o Manage selling support and work closely with internal partners to ensure on-time handover
o Create and manage line sheets within NuOrder and MailChimp blasts
o Create contests for accounts to run during Q3 & Q4 - these ideas should be creative and incentivize sales.
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have:
• The ability to work 40 hours per week (Monday through Friday, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm)
• Availability to work May 26th- July 31st, 2020. Consideration will be given for special life events with the exception of Internship Orientation (Tuesday, May 26th)
o Fourth of July will be observed as a company holiday
• The ability to demonstrate strong leadership among peers and across the organization
• A high level of accountability, reliability and initiative
• A proven ability to execute with consistent delivery
• Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• A strong ability to build relationship with co-workers and keep others informed
• A growth mindset: desire to learn, grow and embrace new ideas
• A shared appreciation for our 3 core values of Family, Fashion and Philanthropy