Learning and Development Specialist
HomeAway, based in Austin, Texas, is the world leader in vacation rentals with more than 2 million unique places to stay in 190 countries, and is a part of the Expedia, Inc. family of brands.
HomeAway offers an extensive selection of vacation rental homes that provide travelers with memorable experiences and benefits, especially more room to relax, for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. The company also makes it easy for vacation rental owners and property managers to advertise their properties and manage bookings online. experiences together.
This position is responsible for delivery of learning and development programs at HomeAway. We are looking for someone with experience consulting and facilitating in a professional environment and demonstrated ability to design and deploy programs end to end.
- Ensure effective delivery of training and development solutions to support the organization.
- Develop & review new training materials and collect feedback for revisions to course curriculum.
- Plan, manage and execute programs with moderate complexity.
- Design and deploy new development programs, including end to end change management that drives adoption.
- Manage projects for existing and new programs related to driving a culture of development, manager training, professional development programs and consulting with leaders to understand technical training needs.
- Partner with stakeholders to create learning solutions aligned with these needs.
- Exercise good judgment to make timely decisions, solve problems and prioritize projects and responsibilities.
- Effectively collaborate with HR and Business Partners to create development solutions.
- Leverage the Learning Management System to create scalable, user-focused solutions.
- Drive internal awareness/participation in development programs.
- Serve on learning-related project teams, providing input into new programs and policies from an adult learning and communication perspective.
- Minimum of 5 years adult learning/within a fast-paced HR function or equivalent related experience.
- Proficiency with curriculum design and development for adult learning modalities
- Proficiency with training creation and delivery
- Proficiency with LMS systems
- Demonstrated ability to train on a variety of topics in a high performing knowledge work environment.
- Strong communication/internal marketing skills.
- Microsoft Office Suite skills including strong PowerPoint, Word and Excel skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- DDI Certification a plus
- Insights Certification a plus
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits
- Competitive salary
- Annual target bonus or commission
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit)
- Parental Leave (up to 20 weeks based on eligibility)
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free snacks and beverages, including breakfast on Fridays
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on HomeAway.com
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass
- Casual dress